JP on Rome summary

- This is your time - are you ready to start

Taken all stepps to be successful - whole offseason of working hard

- Talk about offseason - can control how prepared

Important to come in and learn what you are doing first - know your whole offense - execute every play the way the coaches want you to - then take next steps of breaking down other defenses etc.

- How gain trust

Tough esp. way given job - hard to gain trust - show dedication and work ethic - and in spring camp leadership qualities started coming out

- If you do work they recognize it - but bottom line - need to make plays on Sun

Exactly - practices and hype can only take you so far - until you do it on the field in the heat of battle that's how to earn respect

- How much foot ball means to buff

Fans are passionate, knowledge of football and history - the know all the players and offseason moves etc. - last 3-4 weeks just walking around the city and going to eat there is huge energy amazing to see - awesone and amazing feeling

- Overwhelming?

No - been playing football /QB since 5-6 yrs old - all good

- UCLA

Family pushed ucla - always wanted to go away

Realized shortly wasn't experiencing college they way i wanted

Don't think would have grown as much mnetally and matured as if stayed there -

- Venice 8 people in apt - mother etc.

Don't know how to repay mother - she wanted him to be the best person - as long as she thinks he's the best person he's happy

Childhood tough at times, but everyone's got problems - good w/ big family always had someone to go to talk to

- Mixed race

Rely on sports - helped stay out of trouble - learned leadership confidence teamwork - didn't fit in exactly w/ hispanics or whites - black accepted him as teamates easily - all three cultures thrown at him and it made him a better person

Comes down to - can u play - go on sun and perform doesn't matter where u come from people will respect you

Closing comments from Rome

- JP interesting background - had to work for everything he has - nothing handed to him - bills fans excited

BTW - the following thread can be used for "Rome sucks" rants:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=27122

JP came off very well. The more I learn about him and hear from him, the more I like him. Considering what SF just paid for another untested rookie QB, I'm feeling REAAAALY good about Tom Donahoe and his staff's work right about now. Count me among the skeptical when we first drafted him, but I believe it's going to prove to be a stroke of genius beyond the McGahee stroke. JP is going to give everything he's got, and he's got a lot.

Thanks for the update....I was looking for the show online and found you can't get it unless you subscribe to him and him only....

393514[/snapback]

Wrong...I posted a link to the local sports radio station that airs it daily via their webcast...

www.1360homer.com

Wrong...I posted a link to the local sports radio station that airs it daily via their webcast...

www.1360homer.com

393533[/snapback]

Thats where I listened to it from. Worked great, thanks for the link udonkey.