Big JP story I don't think was posted....

All the 'veterans' have to love this one

"I have so many older men counting on me to do my job..."

;)

Also - wonder whatever happened to that chick in college who "blew him away" but made him feel "not smart"?

Terrific read. JP seems like the real deal. I must admit, though that in Greggo's first season as Head Coach I would read similar stories about RJ and I really thought that Greggo and his coaching staff were going to get RJ's career going in the right direction and that is why I am qucik not jump to conclusions about JP, but I hope JP ends up being the real deal.

386745[/snapback]

I understand the caution. What I like about that article though is the picture it paints of someone who is intellectually curious and who wants to continue to grow, to learn, to expand his vistas not just on the field but off of it as well. He is a guy who, as confident as he is, knows and wants to learn. You can't teach curiosity or a love of learning. Some guys take being taught as some sort of insult to their abilities and intelligence, others see it as an opportunity to get better at what they do. Anyone who has ever tried to teach anyone a certain skill can tell you how impossible it can be teach those whose egos won't let them learn and what a pleasure it is to teach someone who is so curious they want to learn everything.

Man I love the swagger of this guy something Drew never really showed.

386933[/snapback]

Drew did show swagger! Everytime he answered reporters questions about another puke performance with

" this is my team I am the qurterback"

Not anymore ;)

What's the over under for that line to be played in Dallas?

I say week 7 :doh:

Terrific read. JP seems like the real deal. I must admit, though that in Greggo's first season as Head Coach I would read similar stories about RJ and I really thought that Greggo and his coaching staff were going to get RJ's career going in the right direction and that is why I am qucik not jump to conclusions about JP, but I hope JP ends up being the real deal.

386745[/snapback]

What about GW himself...

Remember all of those articles about him being a blue collar guy and his dad never missing a day of work in 30 years....Great, but he was a lousy coach.

I have a good feeling about this kid though, even though I can't think of any good football players who use 2 letters for their 1st name who didn't kill somebody.

Edit: LC Greenwood - there's one.

I have a good feeling about this kid though, even though I can't think of any good football players who use 2 letters for their 1st name who didn't kill somebody.

387271[/snapback]

Don't know if I ever told this story here before but...

Years and years ago I was working in this bar, and L.C. Greenwood was in there on a Saturday night. He was doing some promotion for Miller Lite, when he was doing all those commercials for them. There was a woman manager who was taking care of him, and he was great with everyone, a really fun night.

The bar had a policy for the managers to write down notes from the night before so the next manager coming into work the next morning would know what to look for if anything was wrong. Well, the next morning, there was an employee meeting, and the GM of the place was reading the notes from the night before about what a great night it was. And the GM goes, "Who the hell is L.C. Greenwood?!"

And everyone erupts, like, what a loser, how can a guy not know who L.C. Greenwood was. And they told him. And he glares at the woman manager, and says, "Oh! THAT L.C. Greenwood."

The woman had written in the notes: "Elsie Greenwood was here!!"

I can't think of any good football players who use 2 letters for their 1st name who didn't kill somebody.

387271[/snapback]

LJ Shelton comes to mind :P

:blink:

Everyone is talking about all of the positive statements JPL made. How about the statements that aren't so uplifting?

I have so many older men counting on me to do my job and make sure I lead them to victory," Losman says. "I'm just starting to feel pressure, all this anxiety and suspense, like I don't know what's going to happen with my life right now.

Anxiety? I thought JP was so confident?. That statement makes ME have anxiety.

"I should know after about Week 3 or 4. I'm going to look back and either go, 'This football thing is going to happen for me.' Or I'm going to look back and say, 'Man, this is going to be really tough.' But until I know, this little waiting period is stressful."

He's only giving himself 3 to 4 weeks? Is he confident or just plain scared?

Losman visited Tulane and Miami (Fla.) and liked the smaller school better than the powerhouse. He transferred and had a career good enough to be taken by the Bills in the first round of the 2004 draft.

Should we read anything into that statement? Why pick a team with no shot at a national championship? Tulane comes without expectations. Did JP try to avoid expectations, national attention and pressure or did he feel he couldn't win the starting job? Or did he just prefer to try and win the hard way, with lesser talent?

All of these questions shall be answered soon enough.

Believe it or not, I actually like JP. I have faith in his ability. I know he will feel great as soon as he steps out on that field against Peyton Manning and the Colts and leads the starters to the first touchdown of the exhibition season.

man, i hope this guy is good or all these articles mean nothing

386738[/snapback]

I'm not foolish enough to think he's our savior. Essentially, he's still a rookie. His success will depend alot on Willis (he's pretty much a given) and our offensive line (which has to play alot better than it has the past few years).

I wish fans would not put him on a pedestal or he won't last very long in Buffalo. He needs to learn the NFL first before passing judgement on him. I think by the end of the 3rd year we'll have enough to know whether he can play at this level.