Big JP story I don't think was posted....

Drew was a guy you could root for because you could respect him. But he wasn't very likable. I just like this guy's personality. Hopefully, he'll be good, because I'll turn on him in a second. :D And he has done zero. But right now, I dig him. He'll be a lot of fans' favorite player if he does well on the field.

Terrific read. JP seems like the real deal. I must admit, though that in Greggo's first season as Head Coach I would read similar stories about RJ and I really thought that Greggo and his coaching staff were going to get RJ's career going in the right direction and that is why I am qucik not jump to conclusions about JP, but I hope JP ends up being the real deal.

"People come up to me all the time from my hometown or from college and say, 'Oh, I'm so happy to see that you made it.' And I'm like, 'I didn't make nothin' yet.' This is not my goal. My goal is to be one of the best who ever played."

I love that quote, that pretty much says it all about his attitude.

The key to his success will be how quickly he learns to read defenses or not. That's what separates NFL quarterback wheat from the chaff. Most never master the science no matter what their skill level, DB being a case in point. His dedication seems very good at present. Bills fans hope he will sustain it.

P.S Read defenses in 4 seconds or less, not the next day as was Drew's case.

That was a very, very good read. It's about time we start to learn about his personal life, rather than his pro one. The "JP is showing great work ethic blah blah" stuff is getting pretty boring. Let's hope he's not just another horse on the "replace-Jim Kelly-as soon as possible" carousel. From what we see so far, it appears he won't be.

"...I'm just a football player. That's all I am. I play football for a living. And if I'm going to do that, I'm going to do it all the way."

They always said he was great for quotes/soundbites...

How about this quote from the "Info Box" on the left of the article?

Competitive nature: Stayed up until 3 in the morning to beat his 13-year-old cousin's score on a computer game, then woke her up to brag. "That is not cool. I don't want to be that person. But I am. For whatever reason, it's just in me."

:D

We've got to get him and McGahee playing Madden...they'll be some anger.

He is a sports journalist's dream.  He wears his feelings on his sleeve and doesn't keep much of anything private.

386828[/snapback]

And, if things go South, potentially a team publicist's nightmare... :D

I think this quote says a lot.....

"My girlfriend is football for now"...........

now that's focus.... :doh:

386845[/snapback]

Hey, you don't have to pay to get a football into a movie! :D

But how... ;) .... nevermind...

Terrific read. JP seems like the real deal. I must admit, though that in Greggo's first season as Head Coach I would read similar stories about RJ and I really thought that Greggo and his coaching staff were going to get RJ's career going in the right direction and that is why I am qucik not jump to conclusions about JP, but I hope JP ends up being the real deal.

386745[/snapback]

One difference....Greg had a very inexperienced coaching staff trying to

teach the complex West Coast Offense, which they themselves were not

very familiar with...On the other hand, MM has assembled an experienced

coaching staff (a staff that is experienced in what they are installing) and

hopefully that will be a big difference....Hopefully McNallyand Wyche should

be able to provide a positive influence for JP...

Hoping for the best for the bills.......Go Bills.

Enjoy!

JP - Linkage

386736[/snapback]

The more I read about this guy the more I am ready for to see him in action. I liked his quote he made when all these people congradulate him on being in the NFL and his reply is he aint done anything yet. Man I love the swagger of this guy something Drew never really showed.

The key to his success will be how quickly he learns to read defenses or not.  That's what separates NFL quarterback wheat from the chaff.  Most never master the science no matter what their skill level, DB being a case in point.  His dedication seems very good at present.  Bills fans hope he will sustain it.

P.S Read defenses in 4 seconds or less, not the next day as was Drew's case.

386757[/snapback]

The other key to success at being a NFL QB is feeling the pressure while

in the pcket.....Sadly RJ and DB never could feel that and took those huge

sacks...