What p*sses me off with Travis

from the Nashville City Paper:

“I haven’t gotten a chance to meet Chris Brown, but as far us co-existing, I think it’ll be great. Everybody’s just got to know their role,” he said in the TV phone interview. “Whatever role the coaches give me or give him, it’s a team sport first. I’ve been in a situation a couple of different times where there’s more than one back on the team, and competition makes you better overall. I feel like if both we both understand that and the coaches let us know what both our roles are, then things should go good.”

OK - so where was this mentality in Buffalo? When we drafted Willis did Travis say "this is good news because it will make me better"? Nope - he bitched and moaned and quit on the team. Travis said publicly he wants to leave Buffalo because the coaches deemed that he wouldn't be number one - but why didn't he just say 'it's cool - I know my role".

What a two-faces, selfish prick.

A word to Tennessee: make Travis your starter or be prepared for some seious bitchin'

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

travis' super-agent, hardly everhard, probably put him up to saying that nonsense so he wouldn't muck up the deal. it's nothing but footballspeak -- similar to comments from every player in existence during training camp that "we've really got something special here."

The difference is that now Henry seems to be the "chosen one" in Titan Land...instead of being the incumbent who gets the threat of a new back joining the roster.

Englehard (or Hardly Everhard) had to call Drew Rosenhaus to get McGahee's quotes from last season when the job was up for grabs so Travis could recycle them.

Maybe Chris Brown will end up in Buffalo as our back up.... :w00t:

OK - so where was this mentality in Buffalo?  When we drafted Willis did Travis say "this is good news because it will make me better"? Nope - he bitched and moaned and quit on the team.  Travis said publicly he wants to leave Buffalo because the coaches deemed that he wouldn't be number one - but why didn't he just say 'it's cool - I know my role".

A word to Tennessee: make Travis your starter or be prepared for some seious bitchin'

383946[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I read that!

That what he is supposed to say to sell himself. In Buffalo, it was just principle: he felt he was done wrong. I mean he was palying for his childhood team, came of a 1300+ yard season, played hurt giving many praises for his courage playing hurt with painful injuries on a sub .500 team only to see a team with many holes to fill draft an unproven and injured RB in the 1st round. Now that Willis has played well for a season now Henry in the prime of his career is yesterdays news, becoming an insurance policy in case Willis gets hurt. Being there were no jobs left where he would be the unquestioned starter, he would get considerable playing time or have a chance to unseat the starter, an opportunity he wouldn't have in Buffalo. Here his stock would fall even farter sitting on the bench next year unless an injury gave him a chance to step in. So I understand him wanting to get out of Buffalo as fast as possible

The difference is that now Henry seems to be the "chosen one" in Titan Land...instead of being the incumbent who gets the threat of a new back joining the roster. 

383951[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. I hope Travis "bad karma" Henry has fun in TN. This could be our pay back for the Music City Mistake. I hope Travis tanks it up in Titan land.

travis' super-agent, hardly everhard, probably put him up to saying that nonsense so he wouldn't muck up the deal.  it's nothing but footballspeak -- similar to comments from every player in existence during training camp that "we've really got something special here."

383947[/snapback]

I concur, TH was hurting his own trade value with all that whinning he did in Buffalo, so his agent told him to act nice. If he wants to sign a long term deal with TN or any other team, TH not only has to perform well on the field, but also has to learn to control his mouth.

OK - so where was this mentality in Buffalo?  When we drafted Willis did Travis say "this is good news because it will make me better"? Nope - he bitched and moaned and quit on the team.  Travis said publicly he wants to leave Buffalo because the coaches deemed that he wouldn't be number one - but why didn't he just say 'it's cool - I know my role".

383946[/snapback]

Well put. You're a smart guy, Travis. You demanded to be traded... so you can be a back-up on a worse team and have no contract extension. Congrats!

383946[/snapback]

He never quit on his team, his team quit on him. He was quoted in ESPN the mag as saying that the move for McGahee would give him more drive prior to the start of last season. Then he got hurt and McGahee took his job, just like Travis thought it would go down. The guy was a warrior.

I for one was not PO'ed with what Henry said here or with these comments. Henry has been rather childish in terms of a lot he has done here and it was not good. However, maybe it is an attitude I developed for dealing well with children as an Outward Bound leader way back when which is to try not to get pissed at a child because if you do you are dropping to their level and actually giving them control over the situation.

Even though I would get PO'ed sometimes at the stupid things kids would do, but the key for me to control them and achieve my goals was never to show this.

Henry certainly was childish with the shock he portrayed when the Bills acted like a good business (horrors) and drafted WM. he clearly was pouting when the Bills went with the better RB over him last season. However, one of the failings of some fans on TSW is that they fail to see the difference between childlike pouting and the adult danger of being a cancer.

The comments and actions of Henry this season and off-season were not the adult professionalism I want, but they were easily manageable as seen by TD employing Travis and his agent to do TD's work and by the result of getting a 3rd for him when by his original contract (TH also manages his finances like a child and TD took advantage of this to the tune of getting a first day draft pick) gave us the right to nothing.

I see these comments and mostly smile and wish Travis well, he and the Titans are going to need it.

He never quit on his team, his team quit on him. He was quoted in ESPN the mag as saying that the move for McGahee would give him more drive prior to the start of last season. Then he got hurt and McGahee took his job, just like Travis thought it would go down. The guy was a warrior.

384049[/snapback]

Oh, b.s. Somebody should remind Travis that this is the NFL, where guys are replaced by better players all the time.

While he had very good years in '02 and '03, especially for a 2nd round back, Henry showed nothing in 2004 when he was given the starting job over McGahee.

It's no coincidence that the Bills lost every one of Travis' starts in 2004. Henry was even given the job back against the Ravens, after the Bills won their first game of the year the week before with McGahee starting.

So the claim that Henry lost his job due to injury is also b.s. Mularkey tried to give Henry the job back, and Henry flopped.

You can't blame the Bills for drafting a top talent like McGahee to improve the team. And you can't fault them for replacing an ineffective Henry, especially after McGahee proved that he was the better running back.

Henry was given every opportunity to succeed last year, and McGahee outplayed him in every phase of the game. Travis has nobody to blame but himself.

Why doesn't Travis just tell the truth for once. He knows Willis McGahee is the better back and was afraid to compete for the job. How do you think Chris Brown feels who has put up numbers comparable to Willis's so far? You were afraid to compete with McGahee in Buffalo but your happy in Tennessee because you think you can beat me out.

384049[/snapback]

That's an insult to warriors.

Why doesn't Travis just tell the truth for once.  He knows Willis McGahee is the better back and was afraid to compete for the job.  How do you think Chris Brown feels who has put up numbers comparable to Willis's so far?  You were afraid to compete with McGahee in Buffalo but your happy in Tennessee because you think you can beat me out.

384071[/snapback]

EXACTLY...

Mr Brown should laugh, suck it up, get healed up and go out and beat Travis out of a job.

Why doesn't Travis just tell the truth for once.  He knows Willis McGahee is the better back and was afraid to compete for the job.  How do you think Chris Brown feels who has put up numbers comparable to Willis's so far?  You were afraid to compete with McGahee in Buffalo but your happy in Tennessee because you think you can beat me out.

384071[/snapback]

Brown will have no problem if he can stay healthy and remember more than 5 plays. There isn't a single word in the Henry statement that rings true. Once Donohoe got a firm line on Henry's personality, the Bills braintrust initiated a RB upgrade plan. Henry's reaction was childish in the extreme; for that, I pity him.

Oh, b.s.  Somebody should remind Travis that this is the NFL, where guys are replaced by better players all the time.

While he had very good years in '02 and '03, especially for a 2nd round back, Henry showed nothing in 2004 when he was given the starting job over McGahee.

It's no coincidence that the Bills lost every one of Travis' starts in 2004.  Henry was even given the job back against the Ravens, after the Bills won their first game of the year the week before with McGahee starting. 

So the claim that Henry lost his job due to injury is also b.s.  Mularkey tried to give Henry the job back, and Henry flopped.

You can't blame the Bills for drafting a top talent like McGahee to improve the team.  And you can't fault them for replacing an ineffective Henry, especially after McGahee proved that he was the better running back.

Henry was given every opportunity to succeed last year, and McGahee outplayed him in every phase of the game.  Travis has nobody to blame but himself.

384058[/snapback]

Henry wasn't given the opportunity to win his job back. He got seven carries in the Baltimore game and averaged more yardage per carry than Willis. After that he recieved a total of 8 carries all year. 8 carries. That's getting the opportunity to take the job back?

Bottom line for me is that Henry's 2003 numbers are practically identical to Willis in 2004. Henry may not be as flashy as Willis but he's as good as Willis.