OT -- Sabres Have Best Shot At Crosby

kclor

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Rangers do end up with the first overall pick I'd love to see some fan sue the NHL for fraud.  THat'd be endlessly amusing.

381237[/snapback]

I'll do that.

A few years ago, a group of people in Cincinatti sued the Bengals for sucking so bad. If that is a lawsuit, this certainly is!

When is the lottery going to be held anyway?  And will it even be televised?

381518[/snapback]

It sounds like it might be next Thursday. They will have a big press conference after the deal is ratified, and they want to do the lottery when they are on TV. Barring any snags in the ratification process, the draft will probably be on the 30th.

just like Cleveland "winning" the Lebron lottery...

381510[/snapback]

Yeah, Cleveland is the exact market the NBA wants Lebron in.

I think the more interesting thing, that no one mentioned, is that it's going to be a serpentine draft.

Yeah, Cleveland is the exact market the NBA wants Lebron in.

I think the more interesting thing, that no one mentioned, is that it's going to be a serpentine draft.

381546[/snapback]

It would be interesting but with regard to most NHL drafts after the top 3 players are off the board the rest are major question marks.

It would be interesting but with regard to most NHL drafts after the top 3 players are off the board the rest are major question marks.

381555[/snapback]

Isn't that the truth.

Signed,

Jason Bonsignore

All I have heard about is Crosby for this draft. Is there any other rock solid picks in this draft or does it go wayyyyy down hill after him.

381752[/snapback]

This is a guy I would like to see the Sabres draft in an area where they are sorely lacking...blueline toughness. He will probably go in the top 5 picks...

Jack Johnson

TEAM: US National Program

POSITION: Defence

HEIGHT: 6'0

WEIGHT: 197 lbs.

BORN: 01/13/87 - Faribault, Minn.

ISS RANKING: 4th among skaters

NOTES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Played with the U.S. National Team Development Program's Under-17 and Under-18 teams, selected to summer evaluation roster for 2006 World Juniors...first made his mark playing with Shattuck St. Mary's in Minnesota...committed to play next season with the University of Michigan. (Photo: USA Hockey)

BOB MCKENZIE'S TAKE: A pal of Crosby's from their prep school days at Shattuck, the two used to talk about the possibility of going one-two in the draft and it could happen. Johnson is a tough, aggressive, hard hitting defenceman who also has offensive upside and a desire to be the guy with the puck. Scouts say he is sometimes too aggressive, but better that than not aggressive enough. He's a fiery competitor alright, just ask the opposing baseball player who was heckling Crosby during a prep school game -- Johnson charged the mound to go after the heckler.

You've lost your mind if you think the Sabres will get this kid. NOTHING good has ever happened randomly for Buffalo sports fans.

Payback from the hockey Gods for No Goal....lose one Cup on a cheap shot, get Crosby to pair with Vanek, Roy, Drury etc. and win 3 Cups in the next 7 years???? I'll take it!!

Payback from the hockey Gods for No Goal....lose one Cup on a cheap shot, get Crosby to pair with Vanek, Roy, Drury etc. and win 3 Cups in the next 7 years????  I'll take it!!

381831[/snapback]

Don't hold your breath.

How you guys can continually get your hopes up year in and year out amazes me...

:lol:

QUOTE:

This is a guy I would like to see the Sabres draft in an area where they are sorely lacking...blueline toughness. He will probably go in the top 5 picks...

Jack Johnson

Yeah, This guy is easily to go top 5 for sure. If not Crosby (C'mon Hockey Gods...) Then JOHNSON. Punishing hitter, solid Defensman. I'd be very happy.

This is a guy I would like to see the Sabres draft in an area where they are sorely lacking...blueline toughness.  He will probably go in the top 5 picks...

Jack Johnson

POSITION: Defence

HEIGHT: 6'0

WEIGHT: 197 lbs.

[/b]

381813[/snapback]

This guy's a midget. I like all the character stuff, but he sounds a lot like Janik's who's already in the Sabres system.

Personally, I'd like to see Buffalo sign Scott Stevens to a 1-2 year deal to fill the role you're talking about. He'd be 41 on opening night, but I think he could add a ton of character on a short-term basis (he appears to be over the concussion problem and the year off may have helped him recover more).

http://www.nhl.com/lineups/player/8451715.html