Michael Moore's Minute Men Strike Again

Well we can't stop drug dealers and child molesters, what does that say about us?

It's easier said than done.  I'd imagine that plenty of Iraqis would like the violence would stop.  But the Americans OBVIOUSLY cannot protect them, so they're gonna clam up.  The don't know democracy - they know intimidation, and their reactions are ingrained.  When we can do a better job of protecting civilians, it'll improve.  And don't tell me it's up to the Iraqi police and military to protect themselves.  We assumed that responsibility when we invaded.  We bought it, it's ugly, and it's all ours.

381835[/snapback]

And for the most part we are.

Even *IF* the number of 60 attacks is right, that's still low for a nation of 20+ million people.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we can't stop drug dealers and child molesters, what does that say about us?

381835[/snapback]

Yes we can. Shoot down the unlighted, unmarked planes smuggling the drugs in.

First castrate the molesters, then fry them on ole sparky.

But we are too pansyassed to do this. Just as the world was in the early 70s when Arafat and his group killed the Olympic athletes. If the world would have retaliated swiftly and strongly, terrorism would not have flourished. Israel did the best they could eventually tracking down and executing those responsible (except for Arafat).

Yes we can. Shoot down the unlighted, unmarked planes smuggling the drugs in.

But we are too pansyassed to do this. Just as the world was in the early 70s when Arafat and his group killed the Olympic athletes.  If the world would have retaliated swiftly and strongly, terrorism would not have flourished. Israel did the best they could eventually tracking down and executing those responsible (except for Arafat).

382117[/snapback]

Unfortunately, they also mistakenly executed a man who had absolutely no connection to anything that happened in Munich - forever tainting the thought of actually fighting terrorism in the minds of many.

382117[/snapback]

Do you think we need to change "no Cruel and Unusual" in the constitution?

I think it maybe fun if we do embrace Cruel and Unusual:

We could inject Elephantitis into their scrotums until they request

that their 9 lbs nutsack be removed for cosmetic purposes.

Victims Happy, Cosmetic Surgeons Happy, Future Neighbors happy.

And for the most part we are.

Even *IF* the number of 60 attacks is right, that's still low for a nation of 20+ million people.

381843[/snapback]

Hmmmm well WE thought ONE was too many when it happened to us. So whilst you might be comfortable with those statistics, I bet you don't get many takers in Iraq.

I'm against cruel and unusual punishment. Felons convicted of heinous crimes should have a choice between hanging and firing squad, and it should be done in short order as to not further weigh on them.

382143[/snapback]

I don't think castrating child molesters is cruel. It's cruel not to castrate them - to the victims anyway.

And, hey, maybe removing their genitalia will finally help them become functioning members of society.

Unfortunately, they also mistakenly executed a man who had absolutely no connection to anything that happened in Munich - forever tainting the thought of actually fighting terrorism in the minds of many.

382124[/snapback]

No one's ever made retatta without breaking a few eggs?

Hmmmm well WE thought ONE was too many when it happened to us.  So whilst you might be comfortable with those statistics, I bet you don't get many takers in Iraq.

382156[/snapback]

Then here's a novel idea: QUIT HARBORING THE FUGGING PEOPLE THAT ARE BLOWING YOU UP!

Sheesh. It's time that the Sunnis were either put in their place or do something about their own issues.

Then here's a novel idea: QUIT HARBORING THE FUGGING PEOPLE THAT ARE BLOWING YOU UP!

Sheesh. It's time that the Sunnis were either put in their place or do something about their own issues.

382254[/snapback]

Why would they do that? Then they can't say, "The Americans are attacking us! Evil, capatilist infidels!...

Just as the world was in the early 70s when Arafat and his group killed the Olympic athletes.  If the world would have retaliated swiftly and strongly, terrorism would not have flourished.

382117[/snapback]

The scary part is that you actually believe that!

The scary part is that you actually believe that!

382645[/snapback]

Tell me where I'm wrong. That is the first instance I can remember of terrorism working. If there was swift retribution back then, maybe they would have thought twice on trying it again.

Tell me where I'm wrong.  That is the first instance I can remember of terrorism working. If there was swift retribution back then, maybe  they would have thought twice on trying it again.

382745[/snapback]

There was a truck bombing that killed many Marines in Beirut that worked pretty well too. I don't think there was any retribution for that. Reagan's pragmatism.

I was going to put up my London Broil recipe, but I'm not sure I could take the abuse.

382727[/snapback]

I hear you know a great gravy recipe for london broil, this true?

I think it was widley published just recently, along with a nasty virus, damn nosy people get viruses. Nice work. I hear its slow to kill computers. Thank God for the HTRDE.

There was a truck bombing that killed many Marines in Beirut that worked pretty well too. I don't think there was any retribution for that. Reagan's pragmatism.

382817[/snapback]

Munich Massacre-1972

Marines in Beruit- 1981 or 1982.

sounds right, not disputing the timeline, just a comparison.

Always wondered if Reagan had had a different response from Beirut,

what would have happened to the region?

382949[/snapback]

Basically no one had the right response since 9/11 because terrorism spread pretty well since 1972. I think the intervention in Iraq may prove to be beneficial in reforming a really rotten region but it'll take years to find out.