OT: Dave Matthews Band

bobinaz

Going to the DMB concert in Phoenix at the end of August...has anyone been to a show yet of this latest tour? I see he is scheduled for Buffalo...anyone heard how good the tour is so far? This is my first one for him finally and really looking forward to it. I bought the live concert from his 2002 tour at the Gorge and have been watching the DVD part of it to death. I'm really psyched about this. Any words from the wallers? Thanks

If they're playing mostly new stuff, I wouldn't be excited. I bought the new DMB and think that it is pure crap.

Now, if the majority of the songs they play are from the past 3-4 albums, then it would be a solid show.

I caught their show in P'burgh back in the beginning of June. It was the first time I'd seen them and I was really impressed. They played two nights at the ampitheatre; the first night was very laid back from what I heard and the second night was far more raucous. Here's a setlist from the night#2 show that I saw.

One Sweet World

Pantala Naga Pampa ...>

Rapunzel

Dream Girl

Grey Street

Smooth Rider

Too Much

Louisiana Bayou *

Lover Lay Down

Hello Again

Jimi Thing

You Might Die Trying

So Much To Say

Stand Up

Two Step

Encore:

Old Dirt Hill

Ants Marching

I haven't been as fond of some of the stuff they've done recently and was afraid the show was going to be kind of morose like much of their recent studio work has been. On the contrary, the band was really smokin' and played hard with a lot of passion. A very good show and I'd go see them again if the opportunity comes up.

Cya

Going to the DMB concert in Phoenix at the end of August...has anyone been to a show yet of this latest tour?  I see he is scheduled for Buffalo...anyone heard how good the tour is so far?  This is my first one for him finally and really looking forward to it.  I bought the live concert from his 2002 tour at the Gorge and have been watching the DVD part of it to death.  I'm really psyched about this.  Any words from the wallers?  Thanks

380533[/snapback]

I have seen DMB twice, but not since they released Don't Drink the Water.

Babyrock saw them about a month ago and said they were fantastic!

I used to see them for $5 in Richmond before they were popular. Wasn't a big fan but there were always nice looking girls at the show. Thanks DMB! I knew they were very talented and would make it some day.

I have seen DMB twice, but not since they released Don't Drink the Water.

Babyrock saw them about a month ago and said they were fantastic!

380710[/snapback]

Haven't seen them, but I just downloaded the 6/28/05 Charlotte, NC show for a friend of mine. I'm not the biggest Dave fan, but from what I listen to sound good. Here is the source info of the show I dl. On E tree.

Dave Matthews Band

June 28, 2005

Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

Charlotte, NC

Taper: Nick Gregory (ngregory@taperssection.com)

Source: MG 200s->Sound Devices 722

Section 3, Row D, Seats 1&2 - LOC

Conversion: SD722 -> CD Wave (tracking) ->

Wavelab 5 (resampling, dithering,

adding fades) -> FLAC

Disc One

1) Intro 02:17.46

2) One Sweet World 06:46.26

3) Hunger for the Great Light 04:52.41

4) What Would You Say 06:17.24

5) Crush 13:32.14

6) Time of the Season 05:49.12

7) Say Goodbye 10:20.41

8) You Might Die Trying 09:37.24

9) Louisiana Bayou 09:05.14

10) Dream Girl 08:12.64

Disc Two

1) Dancing Nancies 11:00.33

2) Lover Lay Down 10:34.12

3) Rapunzel 09:21.40

4) Out of My Hands 05:17.33

5) Stand Up 05:42.32

6) Two Step 29:17.03

Disc Three

----ENCORE----

1) One Tree Hill 07:12.24

2) What You Are 10:24.59

Going to the DMB concert in Phoenix at the end of August...has anyone been to a show yet of this latest tour?  I see he is scheduled for Buffalo...anyone heard how good the tour is so far?  This is my first one for him finally and really looking forward to it.  I bought the live concert from his 2002 tour at the Gorge and have been watching the DVD part of it to death.  I'm really psyched about this.  Any words from the wallers?  Thanks

380533[/snapback]

DMB is a love/hate band. If you like their kind of music then you'll probably like the show.

I saw them in early June and didn't like the show as much as I did 3 years ago. The main saving grace was Robert Randolph sitting in for a 4 song set. If you see a show with John Butler Trio opening for them, don't miss the opening act.

Last time I saw DMB was about five years ago. It started pouring down rain and it turned out to be the worlds largest and youngest :) wet t-shirt contest, which by far outweighed the show itself. Good times.

Last time I saw DMB was about five years ago.  It started pouring down rain and it turned out to be the worlds largest and youngest :)  wet t-shirt contest,  which by far outweighed the show itself.  Good times.

380742[/snapback]

Didn't happen to be the show at Giants Stadium during the rain verse of Two Step?

No. Va Beach. Worst venue ever. Hot babes though.

380853[/snapback]

Went to a Phish show in '99 at Va. Beach, and we were a little behind so we rushed to get into the venue without really looking where we parked. It took us an hour to find my car (outback) after the show. I can't tell you how many outbacks where at that show, but it seemed like 10,000. :)

I can't tell you how many outbacks where at that show, :)

380863[/snapback]

Exactly why I have dubbed it worse venue. You're not even allowed to cook a burger in the parking lot.

I will preface this by saying that I don't like DMB's music at all.

That being said, I went to the VA beach show last month with my sister. I will concur that this is one of the absolute worst venues out there. Impossible to get to, and to get out of.

My sister said that most of the show was new material. Five songs in a row, as a matter of fact. I only recognized two or three, but I'm not a fan. Definitely lots of teenie-boppers there. It was definitely a different, more laid back crowd than you would find at an Ozzfest show.

The band was alright. I think they need a new bass guitar player, but the drummer and the sax player were awesome. Didn't care too much for the crack-head looking dude playing the fiddle. Seemed like there was too much of that.

To me, each song was like this:

1. Dave starts by playing some little riff really softly.

2. Band kicks in, plays even tempo for a while.

3. Band plays harder, louder, Dave screams louder, reaching a crescendo.

4. Repeat.

Wasn't the best concert I ever saw, but it was certainly not the worst...

I've seen them upwards of 15 times....twice so far this summer. Totally agree with the poster who said they are a love/hate band. If you love their music, the show will be a blast because they always play with a ton of passion and energy.

The band was alright. I think they need a new bass guitar player, but the drummer and the sax player were awesome. Didn't care too much for the crack-head looking dude playing the fiddle. Seemed like there was too much of that.

380947[/snapback]

I think they need to get rid of Dave Matthews,

then I might be able to listen to them.

I think they need to get rid of Dave Matthews,

then I might be able to listen to them.

381055[/snapback]

I was kind of expecting a lot of that psuedo-falsetto he does. Thankfully, I didn't hear many of those. Everytime I hear it, makes me want to wring necks...