The latest Bang Cartoon is out...

:angry: There are some very funny links on TSW. Sorry, but I don't think this is one of them. I guess none of you has ever had a developmentally disabled friend or relative or worked with these folks. You have been blessed - be thankful.

:angry: There are some very funny links on TSW. Sorry, but I don't think this is one of them. I guess none of you has ever had a developmentally disabled friend or relative or worked with these folks. You have been blessed - be thankful.

380313[/snapback]

So, just so I'm clear on things, we are allowed to post funny links so long as they don't offend you, Bob in SC, correct? I mean, if you're gonna laugh at the other off color stuff we post, then you have to give equal opportunity to everything.

It's like people who say "I like listening to Howard Stern, but he shouldn't make fun of (insert whatever condition that person has personal experience with)." Is making fun of mentally challenged people "cool"? No. But come on. That clip was funny.

Oh, and before you ask, yes, I do have a relative (well, my godchild) who is developmentally disabled.

But if I take offense to this, I automatically become a hypocrit for laughing at ANYTHING else that someone ELSE might find offensive.

And by the way, I think you referring to them as "these folks" and therefore making them sound like a different species is just as bad as having a little fun with it.

So, just so I'm clear on things, we are allowed to post funny links so long as they don't offend you, Bob in SC, correct?  I mean, if you're gonna laugh at the other off color stuff we post, then you have to give equal opportunity to everything.

It's like people who say "I like listening to Howard Stern, but he shouldn't make fun of (insert whatever condition that person has personal experience with)."  Is making fun of mentally challenged people "cool"? No. But come on. That clip was funny.

Oh, and before you ask, yes, I do have a relative (well, my godchild) who is developmentally disabled.

But if I take offense to this, I automatically become a hypocrit for laughing at ANYTHING else that someone ELSE might find offensive.

And by the way, I think you referring to them as "these folks" and therefore making them sound like a different species is just as bad as having a little fun with it.

380320[/snapback]

i like your post for a 20 something person

So, just so I'm clear on things, we are allowed to post funny links so long as they don't offend you, Bob in SC, correct?  I mean, if you're gonna laugh at the other off color stuff we post, then you have to give equal opportunity to everything.

It's like people who say "I like listening to Howard Stern, but he shouldn't make fun of (insert whatever condition that person has personal experience with)."  Is making fun of mentally challenged people "cool"? No. But come on. That clip was funny.

380320[/snapback]

Did I say you should not be "allowed to post" this link? I think not! Read my post! Others, including you, obviously think it is hilarious, and felt a need to say so. Fine. That is your right, no matter how insensitive it may be. Similarly, I expressed my right to say that I think it was not funny, given the fact that there are real Billys out there who are not really something I care to laugh at. Why don't you share the link with the parents of your godchild? Let them be the judge. (I'm sure it will have them in stitches!) And, by the way, I don't equate "off-color" humor with jokes about people who are developmentally disabled. Perhaps, you do. I'm sorry.

380313[/snapback]

Bob, my younger brother has downs syndrome. This did not offend me in the least. The joke was on the Broncos (or as I call them, the Browncos). Also, before my brother was born, my oldest brother's career was (and still is) working with "these folks" as you call them.

Please don't single them out as "these folks". I think they are part of the human race.......so I guess I too am one of "these folks".

Bob, my younger brother has downs syndrome. This did not offend me in the least. The joke was on the Broncos (or as I call them, the Browncos). Also, before my brother was born, my oldest brother's career was (and still is) working with "these folks" as you call them.

Please don't single them out as "these folks". I think they are part of the human race.......so I guess I too am one of "these folks".

380389[/snapback]

Yeah, I had seen the developmentally disabled condition as a "setup." In other words, not any 10 year old kid can walk into Shanahan's office and be offered "any job." Put a helmet on the kid and you have instant setup. Cheap way out perhaps but, as you say, the joke is in the signings, not the kid's mental capacity. They didn't go out of their way to denegrate the kid...take the helmet off and the same behavior would have been reasonable for a kid his age, and it would have been as funny to me, except why the heck did he get the opportunity in the first place?

:blink: There are some very funny links on TSW. Sorry, but I don't think this is one of them. I guess none of you has ever had a developmentally disabled friend or relative or worked with these folks. You have been blessed - be thankful.

380313[/snapback]

Lighten up Francis.

Oh, is anyone else not suprised good ol' Bang hasn't done a cartoon about Sean Taylor?

:angry:

:blink: There are some very funny links on TSW. Sorry, but I don't think this is one of them. I guess none of you has ever had a developmentally disabled friend or relative or worked with these folks. You have been blessed - be thankful.

380313[/snapback]

My uncle has Down's. One of the nicest people you'd ever meet. He'd probably find the link funny. He'd sure as hell be nicer and more forgiving about it than you are.

Ironic, really...he's considered disabled, yet you're the sanctimonius prick... :angry: