53-Man Roster

53 Man Roster (Originally Submitted by Astrobot 5/16/05) -- I've made very few changes to this. Any disagreements?

QB Losman (Holcomb, Matthews) – Woodbury, Thompson gone

HB McGahee (RaShard Lee, Shaud Williams, Lionel Gates) – Lee, Gates super in Aug, --- Travis Henry traded to Jaguars

FB Shelton -- Burns is gone. We may still acquire another FB-type back

WR Moulds, Evans, Parrish (Aiken, FastFreddie Smith ) -- No Reed

TE Campbell (Euhus, Everett) -- Plus a knee surgeon yet to be named

OT Williams, Gandy (Peters, McFarland) -- Gandy-Villarial side impresses Mularkey

OG Villarial, Anderson (Tucker, Geisinger)

OC Teague (Preston) -- Preston quickly picking up the line calls, gets starting time in August

DT Adams, Edwards (Tim Anderson, LaWaylon Brown) -- Brown the surprise here; Anderson and Edwards do platooning

DE Schobel, Kelsay ( Ritzmann, Gause ) -- Gause and Ritzmann are demons on ST

OLB Spikes, Posey (Stamer, Haggan) – Haggan much improved

MLB Fletcher (Crowell, Ezekiel) -- Ezekiel the feelgood story of the summer

SS Milloy ( Wire )

FS Vincent (Baker, Leonhard) -- Leonhard works his way off the PS onto ST

CB Clements, McGee (Thomas, King ) -- King outplays Fontenot and Ward, who are relegated to PS

K Lindell -- Looked at June cuts but Lindell holds them off

P Moorman

LS Dorenbos

PRACTICE SQUAD (8 people):

OT Gudmundsen, Pruce

TE Cieslak -- TD likes his size and catching ability

FB Goldsberry or we sign a June Cut

CB Fontenot

CB Ward

K Steve Baker or we sign a June Cut

LB Hunter -- Hunter will be the next Stamer / Haggan ST guy along with Leonhard

Greer is literally the lightweight in the Bills' secondary. He weighs 40 lbs. less than Clements and 15 lbs. less than most of the CB's. We are up against some large receivers, playing more bump, and seeing more TE's deeper. We can't afford to keep the lightest guy in our backfield.

Denney will be beat out by Gause, Ritzmann, or Osunde. My guess is Ritzmann.

I can possibly see Denney, but I doubt it. I think Ritzmann is gone, as his prior UDFA status and knee injury are too much to overcome. But if he DOES make it, it's because he's better than Denney.

As for Greer, I also doubt he goes, especially since I see the Bills keeping 5 CB's. And while he's light, he's the fastest Bill and that's worth something, at least in terms of development.

53 Man Roster (Originally Submitted by Astrobot 5/16/05) -- I've made very few changes to this. Any disagreements?

QB Losman (Holcomb, Matthews) – Woodbury, Thompson gone

HB McGahee (RaShard Lee, Shaud Williams, Lionel Gates) – Lee, Gates super in Aug, --- Travis Henry traded to Jaguars

FB Shelton -- Burns is gone. We may still acquire another FB-type back

WR Moulds, Evans, Parrish (Aiken, FastFreddie Smith ) -- No Reed

TE Campbell (Euhus, Everett) -- Plus a knee surgeon yet to be named

OT Williams, Gandy (Peters, McFarland) -- Gandy-Villarial side impresses Mularkey

OG Villarial, Anderson (Tucker, Geisinger)

OC Teague (Preston) -- Preston quickly picking up the line calls, gets starting time in August

DT Adams, Edwards (Tim Anderson, LaWaylon Brown) -- Brown the surprise here; Anderson and Edwards do platooning

DE Schobel, Kelsay ( Ritzmann, Gause ) -- Gause and Ritzmann are demons on ST

OLB Spikes, Posey (Stamer, Haggan) – Haggan much improved

MLB Fletcher (Crowell, Ezekiel) -- Ezekiel the feelgood story of the summer

SS Milloy ( Wire )

FS Vincent (Baker, Leonhard) -- Leonhard works his way off the PS onto ST

CB Clements, McGee (Thomas, King ) -- King outplays Fontenot and Ward, who are relegated to PS

K Lindell -- Looked at June cuts but Lindell holds them off

P Moorman

LS Dorenbos

PRACTICE SQUAD (8 people):

OT Gudmundsen, Pruce

TE Cieslak -- TD likes his size and catching ability

FB Goldsberry or we sign a June Cut

CB Fontenot

CB Ward

K Steve Baker or we sign a June Cut

LB Hunter -- Hunter will be the next Stamer / Haggan ST guy along with Leonhard

378324[/snapback]

I think you're short a CB. You look about one or two injuries away from not being able to run a dime package. And seven LBs for a 4-3 seems like a little much...drop one and pick another CB, I say.

I hadn't realized how deep they were at WR, either. I might keep Reed over Aiken...but honestly, if that's our biggest issue at WR, we don't really have any.

No way Denney is gone- he played very well last year coming in as relief, he's waaay better than Ritzman. I do agree Gause is intriguing, I think he makes it.

Also Greer not being on the roster would be a complete shocker.

It seems like you are accounting for a few too many "feel good stories" from this year's crop of UFA's and late rounders. Just my opinion, you are certainly entitled to yours.

I'm looking forward to seeing it play out, man I can't wait.

-- Gandy-Villarial side impresses Mularkey

378324[/snapback]

They don't play on the same side. LT- Gandy, LG- Anderson, C- Teague, RG - Villarial, RT- Big Mike. Although Anderson did play RG for Baltimore and it could be within the realm of possibility that he and Villarial switch sides- that would be one HUGE right side of the line though- probably over 500 lbs.

We need a backup RT. Am I recalling correctly that Jerman plays both G and T? He will likely have a roster spot if that's the case. All our others seem to be exclusively Left Tackles, including the emergency Teague situation.

They don't play on the same side.  LT- Gandy, LG- Anderson, C- Teague, RG - Villarial, RT- Big Mike.  Although Anderson did play RG for Baltimore and it could be within the realm of possibility that he and Villarial switch sides- that would be one HUGE right side of the line though- probably over 500 lbs.

378410[/snapback]

I'm thinking that Everett will be out for the season on IR, so that might be one more roster spot freed up, probably for Neufeld? Also, I see the Bills more likely to keep three halfbacks and two fullbacks - this would leave Shaud Williams out of the mix, replaced, if not with Burns, with some other cut.

I hadn't realized how deep they were at WR, either. I might keep Reed over Aiken...but honestly, if that's our biggest issue at WR, we don't really have any.

Good Point.

You think we're keeping Spikes, Posey, and Fletcher?

LOL! But actually, Posey's Turkability is more likely than Stamer. Stamer's a wild man on ST. And have you seen his neck? It's Spikes-like!

We need a backup RT. Am I recalling correctly that Jerman plays both G and T?

Forgot about Jerman playing 2 positions. That's a point for Jerman.

They don't play on the same side. LT- Gandy, LG- Anderson, C- Teague, RG - Villarial, RT- Big Mike. Although Anderson did play RG for Baltimore and it could be within the realm of possibility that he and Villarial switch sides- that would be one HUGE right side of the line though- probably over 500 lbs.

I read about this switch somewhere. Camp can't get here soon enough!