Deion Jones signed to 1-year deal per Schefter

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Where? 😂😂 Are you talking about me saying that “if Coleman is good and Shakir develops, they can be average?” That isn’t saying what’s GOING to happen. That’s what I HOPE happens. Come on man, you’re better than that. 

No one is coming to your rescue man.  Just admit it.  I promise you'll feel better.

You're so close, but feels like you're purposely skirting around what you said.  Own it.  

12 minutes ago, White Linen said:

No one is coming to your rescue man.  Just admit it.  I promise you'll feel better.

You're so close, but feels like you're purposely skirting around what you said.  Own it.  

Bro, you look ridiculous. 😂😂

You’ve said multiple things in this thread that weren’t true and been called out every time. We tell the truth around here. It’s one thing to be wrong and get called out. We have all had that. It’s a whole different level when you keep pushing your chips in, falling further and further into the hole that you dug. That’s where you’re at. Go back through this thread and read every single interaction that we have had. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bro, you look ridiculous. 😂😂

You’ve said multiple things in this thread that weren’t true and been called out every time. We tell the truth around here. It’s one thing to be wrong and get called out. We have all had that. It’s a whole different level when you keep pushing your chips in, falling further and further into the hole that you dug. That’s where you’re at. Go back through this thread and read every single interaction that we have had. 

I honestly feel bad for you.  You have some real issues. 

On 5/4/2024 at 1:40 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

They’ll have to run some. The question is who? 

The Shakir point was a response to, “he handled volume last year.” He didn’t handle volume at all. He was very efficient but on a low target number. I like Shakir a lot and believe that he’s the best WR on the team. Saying that he had volume last year just isn’t true.

Gabe wasn’t very good and I didn’t want him back. He did do a couple of things well (primarily get down the field when Josh broke free). We can make up for his production but can we offset his big play ability? That remains to be seen.

I'm going to push back a bit on the Shakir narrative here. When making these statistical arguments, it's imperative to include postseason games (they're the most important ones!!), and in the Bills two playoff games Shakir averaged 6 targets per game. That's "volume," and 10 out of 12 of those passes resulted in completions (with two being TDs). And in both games they played good defenses. This comes after averaging 2.7 targets per game in the regular season. But even that's deceiving; he had 6 targets in the final game (vs Miami) and 4 vs. NE the week before. He had only FIVE targets in the first six games of the season. 

Clearly, his role changed and he was handling close to Diggs-level volume (but not quite) by the final four must-win games of the season (inclusive of playoffs).

In those same final four games, Kincaid had 26 targets, which averages to 111 per season. 

Point is, you have to factor in both the playoffs and change over time.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

5 career TD's is pretty impressive for an LB.    He's 29 and capable of starting should Milano / Bernard not be able to go. 

I think we're pretty solid at LB, even if Milano can't start the season. Both Morrow and Jones are upgrades over last year's depth. 

Legit 6 deep 

Milano
Bernard
Nicholas Morrow  
Deion Jones 

Dorian Williams

Alaskan Nigerian

B. Spector 

Could we see a bit more of 4-3 Base than previous years? 

Or even some 3-4 looks on 3rd downs?     

We could line up Von & Solomon at OLB as a pass rush nightmare for OL's 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm going to push back a bit on the Shakir narrative here. When making these statistical arguments, it's imperative to include postseason games (they're the most important ones!!), and in the Bills two playoff games Shakir averaged 6 targets per game. That's "volume," and 10 out of 12 of those passes resulted in completions (with two being TDs). And in both games they played good defenses. This comes after averaging 2.7 targets per game in the regular season. But even that's deceiving; he had 6 targets in the final game (vs Miami) and 4 vs. NE the week before. He had only FIVE targets in the first six games of the season. 

Clearly, his role changed and he was handling close to Diggs-level volume (but not quite) by the final four must-win games of the season (inclusive of playoffs).

In those same final four games, Kincaid had 26 targets, which averages to 111 per season. 

Fair, but the response to that will be, “that’s an incredibly small sample size.” It’s the Robert Forster argument. At the end of the 2018 season the Bills threw the ball to Foster a lot and had great results. It didn’t translate over.

I HOPE that Shakir is the guy that he was late last year with increased targets and defensive attention. We don’t know whether he will be a young Stef Diggs, growing from 5th RD. WR to all pro or a young Robert Foster, who came roaring out of the gates and was never heard from again. Likely, he will be somewhere in between but again, we don’t know. 

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Fair, but the response to that will be, “that’s an incredibly small sample size.” It’s the Robert Forster argument. At the end of the 2018 season the Bills threw the ball to Foster a lot and had great results. It didn’t translate over.

I HOPE that Shakir is the guy that he was late last year with increased targets and defensive attention. We don’t know whether he will be a young Stef Diggs, growing from 5th RD. WR to all pro or a young Robert Foster, who came roaring out of the gates and was never heard from again. Likely, he will be somewhere in between but again, we don’t know. 

He's already clearly better than Foster. Foster was a complete non-factor after that one season and he ran hardly any of the sorts of routes that Shakir runs. There's gotta be a better comp than him. Foster was basically a one-eyed man in the kingdom of the blind given the receiving talent on that 2018 team. I mean, someone had to be the target that season.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He's already clearly better than Foster. Foster was a complete non-factor after that one season and he ran hardly any of the sorts of routes that Shakir runs. There's gotta be a better comp than him. Foster was basically a one-eyed man in the kingdom of the blind given the receiving talent on that 2018 team. I mean, someone had to be the target that season.

Is he better than Foster at that point? Foster had back-to-back 100+ yard games. I’m not saying that it is or isn’t but the situation is similar. The last 4 games of that year Foster had 19 receptions for 285 yards and 2 TDs. On the season that would be 81 catches for 1,211 yards and 8.5 TDs. If you take Shakir’s most recent 4 games (2 regular season and 2 postseason) he had 20 receptions for 219 yards and 2 TDs. If you were to extrapolate that over the season it is 85 receptions for 931 yards and 8.5 TDs.

I agree that Foster was playing with less talent. The targets weren’t that different though. Foster saw 25 in that 4 game stretch and Shakir saw 22. Add into that, Foster probably saw more defensive attention because Shakir had better players around him. Also, add in Josh Allen in 2023 is a way better QB than Josh Allen in 2022. It isn’t all that different. If anything, advantage Foster…

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

6 targets per game is 102 on the season. That would be 40th in the NFL last year.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

6 targets per game is 102 on the season. That would be 40th in the NFL last year.

That's pretty normal #2 numbers, right? Beasely had 106, 107, and 112 between 2019-2021, with 2021 being the first 17 game season.

Tee Higgins had 108, 110, and 109 from 2020-2022 (he was hurt for a bit last season).

Aiyuk had 105 last season and Samuel 89 (the latter missed two games).

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1