Tank Dell shot by gunman in nightclub. Minor wounds.

7 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

There's so much wrong with this

16 yr old with a gun

16 yr old at a nightclub 

No one leaves sober... so hop in your car a drive home drunk and possibly kill someone that way. 

Sadly, all of these are far too common place in the USA.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Special K said:

I've watched Florida go from a nice place to live to a hellscape of rejects from other states and other countries in the span of my lifetime....its gotten especially bad over the last 20 years. Add to that the fact that Global Warming has turned the state into a Hurricane magnet over the last 8 years, I don't know why anyone would want to move down here at this point.

We used to have a weather man down here when I was a kid who used to say on the air jokingly: "Welcome to Florida, now go back home!" I wish more people would have listened to him!😀

Florida has a slightly below-average murder rate (23rd nationwide per capita - CDC), the fifth-highest GDP growth rate, the fourth-highest overall GDP, and an above-average happiness score at No. 18 (World Population Review).  

True about the hurricanes (at least the intensity of them), but it's hardly a Hellscape.

Having said that, it's my observation that Northern Fla has five types of people, in order of numbers:

1. Old people
  2. Rednecks
  3. Spring breakers
  4. Bikers
  5. Fugitives

3 hours ago, boyst said:

Fastest growing state over the last so many years. It must be horrible.

On average, 800 people a day move to Florida....unfortunately, all those people over all this time have not made Florida a better place to live

3 hours ago, boyst said:

Fastest growing state over the last so many years. It must be horrible.

That’s what is making it horrible.  People moving there because they work online and don’t pay state taxes.  Same with Las Vegas.  No state tax.  Never cold.  It used to be a great place to live. I found it unbearable over the last 2 years and it’s getting much worse by the month.  Warm weather no tax states getting over-infested

We moved to St George Ut and life couldn’t be better.  I drove to Vegas on Thursday to watch the draft with the boys.  Once I hit the outskirts of LV on the 15, dead stop of traffic at 1:15pm.  Took me 70 minutes to get a location 10 minutes away.  My buddy is a limo driver for Aria and is looking for a new job because he only gets 3-4 runs a day now, when he used to get 8-12.  Stuck in traffic all day.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Special K said:

On average, 800 people a day move to Florida....unfortunately, all those people over all this time have not made Florida a better place to live

opinion.

38 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s what is making it horrible.  People moving there because they work online and don’t pay state taxes.  Same with Las Vegas.  No state tax.  Never cold.  It used to be a great place to live. I found it unbearable over the last 2 years and it’s getting much worse by the month.  Warm weather no tax states getting over-infested

We moved to St George Ut and life couldn’t be better.  I drove to Vegas on Thursday to watch the draft with the boys.  Once I hit the outskirts of LV on the 15, dead stop of traffic at 1:15pm.  Took me 70 minutes to get a location 10 minutes away.  My buddy is a limo driver for Aria and is looking for a new job because he only gets 3-4 runs a day now, when he used to get 8-12.  Stuck in traffic all day.  

opinion but reinforced with first hand observation and informaiton.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, boyst said:

opinion

Based on 4 decades of living here.

Here is some recent local news stories from the last few months off the top of my head:

Stepfather rapes and murders 13 year old stepdaughter and dumps her in the woods

A woman from South Florida travelling to Central Florida apparently as a drug mule for her husband, was car jacked in broad daylight, then robbed, murdered, and her and her car were found burned in a construction lot

An 18 year old kid shot and killed a random woman, then came back to the scene a few hours later and killed a 9 year old girl and a news reporter who was covering the first murder, also seriously injuring his cameraman

I could go on and on.......there is some evidence for you

1 minute ago, Special K said:

Based on 4 decades of living here.

Here is some recent local news stories from the last few months off the top of my head:

Stepfather rapes and murders 13 year old stepdaughter and dumps her in the woods

A woman from South Florida travelling to Central Florida apparently as a drug mule for her husband, was car jacked in broad daylight, then robbed, murdered, and her and her car were found burned in a construction lot

An 18 year old kid shot and killed a random woman, then came back to the scene a few hours later and killed a 9 year old girl and a news reporter who was covering the first murder, also seriously injuring his cameraman

I could go on and on.......there is some evidence for you

Those are headlines from all across the country, bub. 

2 hours ago, boyst said:

Those are headlines from all across the country, bub. 

OK.....Welcome to Florida in advance........I can see you will fit right in once you get here!!😛

• Haha (+1) 1

I understand these guys are young, and have money, and all that. At some point you would hope common sense kicks in and they would stop avoiding these places that lead to these situations. I remember when it happened to Darrent Williams, reportedly because Brandon Marshall got into an altercation in the club prior to them all leaving together. Multiple music artists shot, some killed. It's crazy. People are crazy.