Calling it now: You're all about to witness the arrival of Shakir

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Well, he was 19 years old at the time and coming off playing for MSU's basketball team in the spring of 2022 (they lost to Duke in the second round of the tournament). Cut him a little slack. 

I have cut him slack. I think the potential he has is in the "plus" column for him. I think physically there is more to come and there is room for some coaching on the nuances. I recognise that in my initial evaluation summary of him above. 

• 2 weeks later...

Beane was on Green Light with Chris Long again today.  It's a great interview overall, and towards the end Long asked him who the most underrated player on the Bills is.  Here is what Beane and Long had to say about Shakir (and Taron too).  

It's clear Beane sees Shakir as key piece to this offense moving forward based on the numerous times he has been mentioned by not only Beane, but Allen, the other coaches, and other players.  Im really looking forward to seeing him in this offense.  

MOST UNDERRATED

Below is the full interview too if you haven't already seen it in the other thread just about this full interview.  If link above doesn't work, its at 27:06 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Beane was on Green Light with Chris Long again today.  It's a great interview overall, and towards the end Long asked him who the most underrated player on the Bills is.  Here is what Beane and Long had to say about Shakir (and Taron too).  

It's clear Beane sees Shakir as key piece to this offense moving forward based on the numerous times he has been mentioned by not only Beane, but Allen, the other coaches, and other players.  Im really looking forward to seeing him in this offense.  

MOST UNDERRATED

Below is the full interview too if you haven't already seen it in the other thread just about this full interview.  If link above doesn't work, its at 27:06 

I saw this interview in another thread, and immediately when Beane said Shakir...thought of you 👏

Beane definitely has faith not only in Shakir, but the other options he has.  And maybe Joe Brady the most.

I thought Brady did a great job in Carolina during 2020, and basically had squat to work with at OL and QB.  His scheme seemed more like a hybrid Saints scheme (Payton), and won't be surprised to see a lot more RB screens/even more Cook or Davis receptions.

Shakir definitely has a big opportunity ahead of him this year and hope he takes advantage.  Look forward to seeing how Brady uses him and Samuel the most.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

MOST UNDERRATED

Really good interview gives some perspective on what Beane is thinking about offense, and about Brady and other stuff.

Of note: the new stadium has grass and they can't do grass in a dome. Maybe everyone knows this but I didn't. But to the booze!

• Awesome! (+1) 1