Current Draft Capital in 2024 and 2025

Here's an updated list after yesterday's trade of our Current Draft Capital in 2024 and our Projected Capital in 2025 - including Modern Trade Chart (more accurate than the outdated Jimmy Johnson model) Point Values for this season (https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp), as well as Projected Comp Picks in 2025:

2024:

Round 1 - 28 (209)
Round 2 - 60 (88)
Round 4 - 128 (18)
Round 4 (Comp for Tremaine Edmunds) - 133 (17)
Round 5 (from Chicago for Ryan Bates) - 144 (13)
Round 5 (from Green Bay for 2023 Pick) - 160 (10)
Round 5 - 163 (10)
Round 6 - 200 (5)
Round 6 (from Dallas for 2023 Pick) - 204 (4)
Round 7 - 248 (1)

2025:

Round 1
Round 2 (from Houston via Minnesota for Diggs)
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 4 (Projected Comp for Gabe Davis)
Round 5 (Projected Comp for Leonard Floyd)
Round 6
Round 6 (from NYG for Boogie Basham)

We had an extra 6th this year and another 5th next year that was used in the Diggs trade. We were projected to get a 6th Round comp pick for Dane Jackson that was cancelled out by the Curtis Samuel signing. We were also projected to get a 7th Round Comp Pick for Tyrel Dodson that more than likely was cancelled by the Austin Johnson signing. We also moved our 7th next year for a 6th in the same Draft from the Giants for Boogie Basham (thanks to @gonzo1105 for the correction).

The lack of a 3rd Rounder this year hurts. But looking over the next two years, we have a lot of extra capital that can be used in Trades, not only for this season, but next season as well. An extra 4th, two extra 5th's, and an extra 6th this year. An extra 2nd, 4th, and 6th next season.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The Comp picks for 25 are not finalised … Beane is still shopping 

Of course things can change. I mentioned Comps for Dane and Tyrel that were cancelled out.

This is a list of where we're currently at. And it may have *already* changed depending on the exact terms of Collins' deal.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Of course things can change. I mentioned Comps for Dane and Tyrel that were cancelled out.

This is a list of where we're currently at. And it may have *already* changed depending on the exact terms of Collins' deal.

As we experienced first hand  this year .. the comp picks can change up to 6 weeks before the draft …  so we can’t  even point to them being 4th and 5th rounds at this stage ..,

Out of interest ..Is it confirmed that Samuels will be cancelled out by Jackson ? Why not Floyd ? Floyd seems closer in dollar terms to Samuels than Dane Jackson … 

Im not taking anything for granted this time until the NFL awards the picks and I assume Beane will feel the same ..

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I cant imagine that collins deal is much.  I would imagine at best he is on the fringe of the end of the roster.  If any undrafted guys or late round guys come along and outplay him in camp he will be toast.

He has a history of being lazy and is always battling an injury.  I believe he has some issues with his hip after his car accident a few years ago in Dallas.. I think that robbed him of a little of his abilities.   

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I cant imagine that collins deal is much.  I would imagine at best he is on the fringe of the end of the roster.  If any undrafted guys or late round guys come along and outplay him in camp he will be toast.

He has a history of being lazy and is always battling an injury.  I believe he has some issues with his hip after his car accident a few years ago in Dallas.. I think that robbed him of a little of his abilities.   

It's up to 6.25m. If the base is at 3.5 or more, it would count.

EDIT: Thankfully, @nickkorte on Twitter ("The Comp Guy") confirmed Collins does NOT count.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's up to 6.25m. If the base is at 3.5 or more, it would count.

those are numbers coming from an agent though, we have no idea what the contract is at this moment.  

39 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Here's an updated list after yesterday's trade of our Current Draft Capital in 2024 and our Projected Capital in 2025 - including Modern Trade Chart (more accurate than the outdated Jimmy Johnson model) Point Values for this season (https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp), as well as Projected Comp Picks in 2025:

2024:

Round 1 - 28 (209)
Round 2 - 60 (88)
Round 4 - 128 (18)
Round 4 (Comp for Tremaine Edmunds) - 133 (17)
Round 5 (from Chicago for Ryan Bates) - 144 (13)
Round 5 (from Green Bay for 2023 Pick) - 160 (10)
Round 5 - 163 (10)
Round 6 - 200 (5)
Round 6 (from Dallas for 2023 Pick) - 204 (4)
Round 7 - 248 (1)

2025:

Round 1
Round 2 (from Houston via Minnesota for Diggs)
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 4 (Projected Comp for Gabe Davis)
Round 5 (Projected Comp for Leonard Floyd)
Round 6
Round 7

We had an extra 6th this year and another 5th next year that was used in the Diggs trade. We were projected to get a 6th Round comp pick for Dane Jackson that was cancelled out by the Curtis Samuel signing. We were also projected to get a 7th Round Comp Pick for Tyrel Dodson that more than likely was cancelled by the Austin Johnson signing.

The lack of a 3rd Rounder this year hurts. But looking over the next two years, we have a lot of extra capital that can be used in Trades, not only for this season, but next season as well. An extra 4th, two extra 5th's, and an extra 6th this year. An extra 2nd and 4th next season.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

As we experienced first hand  this year .. the comp picks can change up to 6 weeks before the draft …  so we can’t  even point to them being 4th and 5th rounds at this stage ..,

Out of interest ..Is it confirmed that Samuels will be cancelled out by Jackson ? Why not Floyd ? Floyd seems closer in dollar terms to Samuels than Dane Jackson … 

Im not taking anything for granted this time until the NFL awards the picks and I assume Beane will feel the same ..

According to the go to Comp Guy from OverTheCap - that's the pick we lose for Samuel. Of course, nothing's final until it's final. But Nick is usually dead on when it comes to these things.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I know its petty but we do not have a 7th rounder in 2025 we have another 6th. Boogie Basham was traded with our 7th for a 6th rounder.

Not petty at all, that's correct and thank you for that. I forgot all about it. I'll update the post.

• BillsFanForever19 changed the title to Current Draft Capital in 2024 and 2025