How To Promote A Self Banning: We All Know Who. Not Naming The Poster(s) In Thread Title.

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Such a victim. Wah

I see 2 Nobel winners from Roswell. A woman and a man in 1947. Which did u work under?

Excellent reading comprehension .

I said "My thesis advisor and my fitst pocdoc boss were in Nobel Prize winning labs."  My  thesis advisor was a postdoc in Arthur Korberg's lab. Kornberg wrote the book on it. I am referenced in the second edition of it.  My boss for my first postdoc was in Howard Temin's  lab as a grad student when he was awarded the Nobel. 

The people from Roswell were the Cori's, They won in 1947 for  work in glucose metabolism.  Also Herbert Haupmann won for crystallography work i the 60s.  He was affiliated with a lab in what is now the medical campus ( Buffalo Genneral/Oshei's Children's/Roswell Park/ UB med school).

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

The leash is most certainly shorter for those of a certain political bent.  Sign of the times in general.

With all that is allowed in here it seems like the mods stay out of here.

Thin skins surely cry to them out of petty spite.  

33 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Excellent reading comprehension .

I said "My thesis advisor and my fitst pocdoc boss were in Nobel Prize winning labs."  My  thesis advisor was a postdoc in Arthur Korberg's lab. Kornberg wrote the book on it. I am referenced in the second edition of it.  My boss for my first postdoc was in Howard Temin's  lab as a grad student when he was awarded the Nobel. 

The people from Roswell were the Cori's, They won in 1947 for  work in glucose metabolism.  Also Herbert Haupmann won for crystallography work i the 60s.  He was affiliated with a lab in what is now the medical campus ( Buffalo Genneral/Oshei's Children's/Roswell Park/ UB med school).

Awesome. So I’m guessing you’re an admirer of the NIH. They likely paid your stipends and research. 

2 minutes ago, Wacka said:

What the  hell does your last statement have to do with what

I posted and your lack of trading comprehension? 

I actually was referencing NC who said he has expertise in molecular biology and frequents Duke etc. You had impressive mentors.  Do you admire the NIH?

I admire whoever was paying  for the research  and my stipend. I think my dvisor  had an NIH and NSF grant. I had  am ACS grant for my postdoc at Stanford.

• Like (+1) 1

Oh look, it's the 'adults', who speak out about CeNsOrShIp, having a legitimate discussion about their hypocrisy.  If you disagree with an opinion, the appropriate action is call them a commie, drop a useless meme, and put them on ignore(basically what they're accusing the other of doing).  I'm not even sure NC has a functioning brain.  

• Like (+1) 1

If you have sensitive feelings when people disagree with you or when they present information contrary to your world view, PPP is not the place to be for your mental health. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, daz28 said:

Oh look, it's the 'adults', who speak out about CeNsOrShIp, having a legitimate discussion about their hypocrisy.  If you disagree with an opinion, the appropriate action is call them a commie, drop a useless meme, and put them on ignore(basically what they're accusing the other of doing).  I'm not even sure NC has a functioning brain.  

That goes both ways here, literally across the board.  It’s what happens on anonymous boards, less so in real life for what seem to be obvious reasons.   Try not to take it personally.  

• Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, phypon said:

I don't understand.  Why do you say that?

Because you engaged with a worthless POS poster and agreed with it to do ANYTHING at all.

If you created the thread to bring about the question to ban it, presumably based on its long moronic posting history, then I'm truly interested in how you arrived at an agreement with it to delete your thread in such short order?

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, phypon said:

I didn't get banned.  I'm still here.  BT and I had a conversation and mutually agreed to delete the thread, so I deleted it.  

Not sure how you didn't see that coming.  I was considering pointing it out to you, but you have no issue with other posters that do the same thing as BT, so I said, nah.  Also not sure why NC doesn't understand he's pretty much doing the same thing you did.  Guess he's a defiant little feller, which is strange, because he has an echo chamber with DR that welcomes him.  Maybe he wants to be the big cheese here rather than a little fish there.

46 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That goes both ways here, literally across the board.  It’s what happens on anonymous boards, less so in real life for what seem to be obvious reasons.   Try not to take it personally.  

I don't got no beef with no one, and I don't care what anyone thinks of me.  I'm good.  Pointing out hypocrisy is all I'm doing in this thread.  

Edited by daz28

10 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Because you engaged with a worthless POS poster and agreed with it to do ANYTHING at all.

If you created the thread to bring about the question to ban it, presumably based on its long moronic posting history, then I'm truly interested in how you arrived at an agreement with it to delete your thread in such short order?

Because claiming the mods are doing a crappy job, and trying to circumvent them is and has never been smart.  It's a message board.  You do you, and others do them.  A reply with an arrow and the word "commie" is about as useless a post you'll ever see in your life.  Posting 'Donald Trump captures sea monster' on any thread you are trying to derail is also useless, and maybe even worse than that.  Honestly, you just need to grow up, and so does your dear leader.  You're not Veruca Salt.

Edited by daz28

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I hear ya there.

The correspondence we had was in the thread and not a private convo.  Was in off activity hours of the board, so not sure how many people saw it.  I figured it was better to delete the thread rather than keep it going.  It was getting too ugly.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

⬆️

Another exmple of a poster with whom you'd have to be a moron to engage with. 

Pure stupidity. 

So now you call your own people stupid if they disagree with you?  Heck, you wanna take over the PPPNC, too?  Label, blame, hate, lather, rinse, repeat. 

2 minutes ago, phypon said:

I hear ya there.

The correspondence we had was in the thread and not a private convo.  Was in off activity hours of the board, so not sure how many people saw it.  I figured it was better to delete the thread rather than keep it going.  It was getting too ugly.

It was a bad idea from the get go.