Our starting Center isn’t on the roster yet

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It’s not even a hot take - it’s a legit point/argument.  

We took a Guard in RD 2 last year - you don’t think after losing Morse AND his backup that the Center position especially if a stud is there isn’t going to be considered?  It doesn’t necessarily have to be Frazier he’s just my favorite.  

What the interior of that Chiefs Oline allows Mahomes to do…..my God…..I’d kill for Allen to have that.  

So to me, it’s alleged option 1 -

David Edwards to LG and McGovern to Center.  2 new positions.  

Or, option 2:  

Leave McGovern where he is.  Hopefully draft our Creed Humphrey.  

I'd love to hear a better plan than this. 

RD 1 - Mitchell, WR

RD 2 - Frazier, Center

You're changing the subject. You said Center is the 2nd most important position on Offense and every good offense has a top center.

That is incorrect. There's plenty of data to support that it is incorrect. The end.

8 minutes ago, Prospector said:

Or they could go Billacheat mode and over think it… taking a savvy pick that no one saw coming and whiff

We can only hope.  They need some level of a hiccup.  An injury.  Something... to open the door a crack here.  

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

You're changing the subject. You said Center is the 2nd most important position on Offense and every good offense has a top center.

That is incorrect. There's plenty of data to support that it is incorrect. The end.

I think its probably WR or TE.  I do feel like most of the best tight ends happen to find themselves on championship contending teams for whatever reason.  

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I’ll put it like this.  Let’s look at it another so I’m not confusing anyone.  

If I had to choose between Justin Jefferson and the best Center in football I’m obviously taking Jefferson.  Who has won how many playoff games?  

And maybe 10 other WRs over the best Center.  Maybe 10.  

But if I had to choose between say DJ Moore (say he’s the 11th best WR) and the best Center I’m taking the Center.  

How many WRs vs Centers do teams carry?  

And only 10 teams have those WRs.  

The elite Center in the NFL is more rare than elite WR - I get the pay doesn’t reflect that and never will.  

If that makes any sense.  You’re going to have the elite Center for almost a decade.  WR is not as hard to get.  You don’t need top 10 guys.  It’d be great sure but when it comes to the draft - it’s about value.     

I’ll argue all day for the elite Center late in the first.  In my scenario I’m simply saying if he’s there in Round 2 go get him.  That’s a much likelier hit than the 9th defensive tackle or 7th WR at 28.  

Center is the most under appreciated position in Sports.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

We got a lot of guys we are taking in Rounds 1-2… and not many going in Rounds 5-7 where our actual picks are ..

Quick guess is Beane will trade away enough day 3 picks to move up that Bills will end up with maybe 6 picks, 7 max, and all in the first 4 or 5 rounds.   The 5-6,7 round picks will never make the team

16 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I’ll put it like this.  Let’s look at it another so I’m not confusing anyone.  

If I had to choose between Justin Jefferson and the best Center in football I’m obviously taking Jefferson.  Who has won how many playoff games?  

And maybe 10 other WRs over the best Center.  Maybe 10.  

But if I had to choose between say DJ Moore (say he’s the 11th best WR) and the best Center I’m taking the Center.  

How many WRs vs Centers do teams carry?  

And only 10 teams have those WRs.  

The elite Center in the NFL is more rare than elite WR - I get the pay doesn’t reflect that and never will.  

If that makes any sense.  You’re going to have the elite Center for almost a decade.  The WR which is not as hard to get.  And you don’t need top 10 guys. 

I’ll argue all day for the elite Center.  Which in my scenario is simply saying if he’s there in Round 2 go get him.  That’s a much likelier hit than the 9th defensive tackle.  

Center is the most under appreciated position in Sports.   

I agree!  However, what I disagree with is that Justin Jefferson isn't going to make a huge difference if the QB can't get him the ball.

it's going to be a sad day for Buffalo fans when they realize that they could have the best WR corps in the NFL along with the best RB room and it will mean little if the QB doesn't have time to throw or the RBs have no holes to run through up the middle. 

The quickest way to get to the QB is right down the middle where the best DTs roam. When that front three for Buffalo can't hold their blocks... the entire interior will collapse. Sack, pressure, miss throw, interception. Think of that Chris Jones nudge on Josh Allen that caused a missed throw in the last playoff game.  

The Buffalo Bills have had a good center in Mitch Morse for the last 5 seasons, he got to the Bills in 2019 and was with the KC Chiefs for his first 4 seasons. If Bills fans recall those late 80's early 90's Bills had a great and under-rated center in Kent Hull who was an all-pro, pro bowler. The man should be in the HoF in my view.

Anyway, I'm hoping that Brandon Beane has an ace up his sleeve to replace Morse with an elite player, perhaps from the draft. I wouldn't mind Buffalo spending a first-round pick for this position.  Just my 2 cents.

• Thank you (+1) 1