How many of players let go offered to take salary cuts to stay?

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

What's up w Hyde? I know he's a FA but he'd likely be affordable and can groom a rookie S

He was worse than Poyer last year and his neck is falling off. 

No thank you, please retire 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

If you won the super bowl in the last 3 seasons i think you could make more of an argument to keep the band together. 

Tre needed to be released because the contract didn't match the contributions, and he probably couldnt pass a physical.  You have no idea what you're going to get from him.

Poyer needed to be released because honestly - he's 33, he has a bum elbow, and he just wasn't as quick or dynamic anymore.   They used him a bunch as a linebacker simply for coverage chops over dodson, and i think they liked rapp enough doing his thing in the same spot.  Faster, bigger hitterAlso with the free agency group there's just too many good players for so many jobs.  

Morse was a tougher call, especially after moving bates - but honestly i thought they might have moved on from him last season so it didn't shock me.  

I agree and would throw Hyde in the mix as well.  The team needed to get younger either this season or next and I think it’s a self-aware move to make these changes 

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

What's up w Hyde? I know he's a FA but he'd likely be affordable and can groom a rookie S

I thot everyone was saying he was retiring including him???

23 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Brandon Beane's job is to make the Bills roster as competitive as possible, year-in and year-out.  Period.

Jordan Poyer sacrificed his body for this team for the last 7 years, and was easily one of the best players in Buffalo for that duration.  So I know that he and his family probably feel betrayed to see him released by the Bills.  But unfortunately that is the way this business works.  No matter how close he becomes with a player over time, Beane must consider the cap hit.  He must consider age and declining performance.  

Just like Poyer was given the ability to test Free Agency last year.  It wasn't personal.  It was the guy's last chance at a big contract, and unfortunately it wasn't the big payout he expected.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.