If you could bring back two Bills players from the

Tolstoy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce Smith (based on averall greatness)

Jim Kelly (based on team needs)

Hon. Mention: Will Wolford

358038[/snapback]

Is that the Bruce Smith with or without the flu shot? :doh:

CW

Thurman Thomas made the no huddle so effective with his blocking/running/pass catching abilities.

So did Kent Hull.

Honorable mention goes to Cookie. I never saw him play, and I'd like to know if he was as good as I've heard.

Is that the Bruce Smith with or without the flu shot? :doh:

CW

358043[/snapback]

Funny you brought that up Fez.

I remember being furious that he didn't play in that game. A month or so later, I got what had to have been the same flu as Bruce. It hit me at work. I was frozen walking from my car to my house and woke up shivering and sweating with sore muscles, in the fetal position.

This, along with other common flu symptoms, lasted for the better part of a week.

There is NO WAY he could have played!

Did anybody else here catch that particular flu?

PS: You are right, I have been taking a flu shot ever since.

There is NO WAY he could have played!

I know he couldn't have played -- the guy was in the hospital if I recall -- but you'd think he would've gotten a flu shot... Then again, I don't take them, so I guess I can't fault him too much. Still, I think we would've won that game with him in there... *sigh*

CW

Kelly & Reimersma (I always felt he was underutilized.  In today's TE happy game he could be a stud).

358097[/snapback]

Gotta disagree my friend. On the worst day of his life, Pete Metz was twice the player JR was. I dont think that enough can be said about his blocking.

Gotta disagree my friend. On the worst day of his life, Pete Metz was twice the player JR was. I dont think that enough can be said about his blocking.

358107[/snapback]

I agree...Riemersma had all the earmarks of a fan favorite, but he never lived up to his perceived potential. You could argue that he got more opportunities than Lonnie "friggin'" Johnson did, but in the end, was no better. As much as we all hated RJ, JR didn't help his cause much...whether it was nagging injuries, or a tendancy to drop the easy passes, the guy was never as good as his reputation suggested. Mark Campbell, IMO, is far more "underutilized" in the Bills offense now, but makes the most of it when he does get a chance.

Metzelaars was the dean of Bills tight ends, at least in my time ('72 to now). Overall pretty average (to slow) speed, good blocker, terrific hands, and tough as nails...

If we are picking on needs of the current Bills, give me Bruce Smith and Will Wolford.

If we are talking guys I wouldn't mind having around, just because I like them, give me Steve Freeman and Jerry Butler.