Jason Vrable should be interviewed for our OC position

First off I actually really like Joe Brady and think a full offseason could make him a special OC but I’m ok looking around elsewhere.

I know everyone has seen how well Jordan Love and his WRs have progressed as the season has went on. The biggest thing I see when I watch the Packers is just how wide-open their wide receivers get and it doesn’t even matter who the opponent is. They are schemed so well. It got me thinking how great Matt Lefluer is. We obviously can’t get Lafleur so I went and looked at the staff and the guy that we should definitely consider interviewing for offensive coordinator is a guy that used to be in our building and coaching our RBs, Jason Vrable. He is the wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator. He’s only 39 years old and if we’re not staying with Brady, we need to check this guy out. Check out his bio. Seems like a great fit and if he can do what he did in GB bring it on

https://www.packers.com/team/coaches-roster/jason-vrable 

51 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Unfortunately, he's a Doug Marrone/Nate Hackett guy. I tend to give LaFluer all the credit for the success in Green Bay. 

Lafleur deserves all the credit but doesn’t mean his passing game coordinator isn’t sponging off that success. Guy could be a diamond in the rough. He’s proven to get the most out of every position he’s had thus far and GBs passing attack for how young they were was very impressive. Just watch any highlight reel of the big plays GB gets. Those WRs get huge separation

10 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Lafleur deserves all the credit but doesn’t mean his passing game coordinator isn’t sponging off that success. Guy could be a diamond in the rough. He’s proven to get the most out of every position he’s had thus far and GBs passing attack for how young they were was very impressive. Just watch any highlight reel of the big plays GB gets. Those WRs get huge separation

I agree here. I give all the success in SF to Kyle Shanahan, but some of that magic certainly rubbed off on Mike McDaniel and Bobby Slowik as play designers and play callers. They learned from the best, just like Lafluer.

• Like (+1) 1

My guess is the offense in GB is based on the West Coast system and nomenclature.  That's fine, but it means something of a learning curve for Josh and the offensive skill players.  The question is, what is the extent that learning a new language is going to affect the efficiency of the offense, particularly early in the season.  

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I agree here. I give all the success in SF to Kyle Shanahan, but some of that magic certainly rubbed off on Mike McDaniel and Bobby Slowik as play designers and play callers. They learned from the best, just like Lafluer.

35 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I hear you guys, I’m all for opportunity, but its gonna have be enough magic to wash away the festering spreading cancerous sore left by Marrone and Hackett. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.