Don't Blame Bass

KDIGGZ

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

Or how JA17 is paid to read the defense and make a good throw to the best available option?

If you are referring to his throw to Shakir in the endzone you, and every single other person that holds view, is 100% wrong. That was the correct read and throw. The ball just didn’t get there.

37 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I think people are conflating the Dead Cap with the net effect on our Cap Space. You have to cancel out the savings from his Cap Hit from his Dead Cap to see the net effect to our salary cap situation.

In 2024, Bass has a $4.42M Cap Hit which would go away if we cut him, which means if we cut him Pre-June 1st, it's a net of -$2.96M against our Cap. Still not good considering how bad our cap situation is already going to be, but we aren't losing $7.38M against the cap as is being implied. If the Bills were to designate him as a Post-June 1st release, we will save $100K in cap space.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyler-bass-47784/

I do understand the differences, you could move on but you would have to be sure it is the right move, to me that is not super clear.   If they draft a guy and he shows you something in camp maybe.   To the bolded....and add 3M in dead cap to 2025.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I think people are conflating the Dead Cap with the net effect on our Cap Space. You have to cancel out the savings from his Cap Hit from his Dead Cap to see the net effect to our salary cap situation.

In 2024, Bass has a $4.42M Cap Hit which would go away if we cut him, which means if we cut him Pre-June 1st, it's a net of -$2.96M against our Cap. Still not good considering how bad our cap situation is already going to be, but we aren't losing $7.38M against the cap as is being implied. If the Bills were to designate him as a Post-June 1st release, we will save $100K in cap space.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyler-bass-47784/

You would still need to sign a new kicker on top of that.

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Sort of like how the receivers are paid to CATCH THE BALL?! LOL

Or how the defensive linemen are paid to put pressure on and/or sack the QB and stop the run?

Or how JA17 is paid to read the defense and make a good throw to the best available option?

Or how Sam Martin is paid to punt it farther than 40 yards?

Or how McD is paid to conduct good clock management, and good use of available personnel?

Great logic Einstein.

Apples and oranges.

Bass had two FG attempts in the game and horribly missed on one. 

He practices daily in the stadium with the conditions present, and in his own words " I Misjudged my kick".

He wasn't responsible for the loss, BUT he certainly was responsible for the Bills not making it to overtime!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Great logic Einstein.

Apples and oranges.

Bass had two FG attempts in the game and horribly missed on one. 

He practices daily in the stadium with the conditions present, and in his own words " I Misjudged my kick".

He wasn't responsible for the loss, BUT he certainly was responsible for the Bills not making it to overtime!

Yeah I don't know what's going on with him. Last week he very badly missed what usually is an automatic 27yd FG

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Like Josh said in the after game presser:

”it’s a team loss”

Bass’s miss causes us to in actuality, lose the game. 

He’s just one of the reasons. Hope his life ain’t wrecked.

Also in agreement with other posters that the contract he was signed to was to make the kicks in clutch time. Don’t know what’s happened to him… This set of events won’t help his confidence. Time to move on. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.