Alaska Airlines door blowout

Gregg

22 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Not Alaska airlines but another Boeing plane with problems in Miami. Caught fire shortly after take off.

Not to quibble, but this is has little to do with Boeing, but is indicative of how the uninformed media almost always reports this stuff.

It is extremely probable that this is an engine problem. A softball sized hole was found in the top of the engine cowling.

Airlines order aircraft from aircraft manufacturers, and engines from separate engine manufacturers; GE, Rolls and Pratt and Whitney, along with a few others.

This was a GE engine problem, but has Boeing is being justifiably criticized for poor QA on the door blowout, (another item they didn't manufacture), this Atlas Cargo thing has almost nothing to do with them.

Still, that's how these things always get handled by our media.

This is nothing compared to the old Hawaiian Air 737 that had a sizable chunk of its upper fuselage ripped off the plane in flight!

A number of people went out the hole as I recall.

shutterstock_editorial_153924b.jpg

Just got an e-mail yesterday from Alaska stating that my flight for Wednesday was cancelled because all Boeing 737 Max aircrafts have been grounded.

They auto-rescheduled me to a flight for the following day. I obviously didn't want to lose a day of my trip, so I had to call and sit on hold for an hour to talk to customer service to get it changed to a different flight on my original departure date.

Gotta tell ya...as someone who has never had any fear about flying whatsoever... I'm not loving the idea of getting on an airplane right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.