The Shnow Plow….

Chugga

Was crazy seeing our conversion rate on screen last night for some reason it never has felt as automatic as the numbers dictate.  Last night it did get stuffed a couple of times though.

One thing I’ve always wondered.  Clearly we have no intentions of faking it.  And I love me some playoff Lenny but his plow skills weren’t up to par.  Why do we not have Linval Joseph, Ed Oliver, etc back there.  If it’s literally strength on strength why not load up?

Is there a fear that those guys are going to push so damn hard that Josh is going to get sandwiched and contorted inbetween?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'd figure out how to run it with Dawson Knox and keep Allen out of it.  It's a pretty basic play that doesn't have to be handled by Allen.  Then we can put someone bigger behind him to up the conversion rate.

• Agree 1

On the last plow I was waiting for Allen to take it around the end like he did a few times last season.  Everyone was pinched in.. Just need to communicate to RB to lead block the end and he would have gone for 20 yards. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cage said:

I'd figure out how to run it with Dawson Knox and keep Allen out of it.  It's a pretty basic play that doesn't have to be handled by Allen.  Then we can put someone bigger behind him to up the conversion rate.

this is a great idea.  Knox run it (he can also throw if we want to do a fake) and have a DT push him.  Perhaps a backup DT or backup OT.  

3 hours ago, fan_in_tx said:

On the last plow I was waiting for Allen to take it around the end like he did a few times last season.  Everyone was pinched in.. Just need to communicate to RB to lead block the end and he would have gone for 20 yards. 

I feel like that's something they're saving for when they really need it.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen has been going high.  He picks up more ground when he goes low.

The last one the other night was tough - he put himself in a position where it was hard for any other players to give him a push.  And a little nudge was all that was needed there.

We must devise creative ways to go around the end, fake it, pass, etc. Then hit them with the real thing. if we run variations of it they can't load up his left side as much exposing him to injury.

BTW, there is less of a chance of concussion with the "plow" vs a sack. The defense can't get a run at him building up momentum and more power for the hit.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.