Dolfelon commercial

dib

Commercial onTV trying to boost season ticket sales- involves numerous people stating how long they've had tickets. One spud says 'I'm the 12th man. ' So I rise in righteous indignation and shout "How dare you! Only the Bills fans (and maybe Texas A and M) can claim that right!"

The commercial was brought back into perspective when one of the 'fans' says they have been a fan for "Tres Anos".

Commercial onTV trying to boost season ticket sales- involves numerous people stating  how long they've had tickets.  One spud says    'I'm the 12th man. '  So I rise in righteous indignation and shout "How dare you!  Only the Bills fans (and maybe Texas A and M) can claim that right!"

The commercial was brought back into perspective when one of the 'fans' says they have been a fan for "Tres Anos".

355152[/snapback]

Go punch the lights out of some poor unsuspecting dullfan for me, please.

Obnoxious, are they.

I always hated how Miami stadium were half full if something wasnt on the line, but I actually herd Colin Cowherd give a good explanation that spans not only across the NFL, but into other sports as well.

Buffalo is a small market. That's not a bad thing, but it's a fact. Miami is not. On a Sunday afternoon in Miami, there are other places to be. The beach, malls (which arent so much about shopping as they are about socializing), boating, fishing, restaurants, other sports even. Same in San Diego, LA, Tampa. Because there's so much competition of things to do, those fans that arent die-hard go do other things. Mid Decemeber in Buffalo, football is life. Not so much in Miami.

I wish we had more die-hards, but sometimes if the choice is Bikini clad women and a frosty beverage in my hand, that's hard to pass up.

Come on, there are plenty of things to do in December in Buffalo - you can shovel your driveway, make a snowman, try to start your car, sit by the fireplace with a hot toddy, take a nap. . .

How dare you say there's nothing to do.

I always hated how Miami stadium were half full if something wasnt on the line, but I actually herd Colin Cowherd give a good explanation that spans not only across the NFL, but into other sports as well.

Buffalo is a small market. That's not a bad thing, but it's a fact. Miami is not. On a Sunday afternoon in Miami, there are other places to be. The beach, malls (which arent so much about shopping as they are about socializing), boating, fishing, restaurants, other sports even. Same in San Diego, LA, Tampa. Because there's so much competition of things to do, those fans that arent die-hard go do other things. Mid Decemeber in Buffalo, football is life. Not so much in Miami.

I wish we had more die-hards, but sometimes if the choice is Bikini clad women and a frosty beverage in my hand, that's hard to pass up.

355212[/snapback]

Whil I sometimes find Cowherd amusing he IS an apologist for the likes of LA and Miami.

355212[/snapback]

Other large markets like Washington, New York, and Boston sell out and there is more to do in those cities than Miami.

Somehow the Patriots sell out whether they are good or not, and while the bikinis may have been put away by the football rolls around, I would say there is as much or more to do in Boston as far as the rest of the activities you listed are concerned. In December, there is plenty to do here, too, whether it be skiing or more cultural activities. Yet they sell out like a top 10 market should.

Other large markets like Washington, New York, and Boston sell out and there is more to do in those cities than Miami.

Somehow the Patriots sell out whether they are good or not, and while the bikinis may have been put away by the football rolls around, I would say there is as much or more to do in Boston as far as the rest of the activities you listed are concerned.  In December, there is plenty to do here, too, whether it be skiing or more cultural activities.  Yet they sell out like a top 10 market should.

355353[/snapback]

First of all, Bikinis are never out of fashion in Miami. Christmas day comes around, and you can head to the beach and see your fair share of Bikinis. Second, I knew someone was going to bring up the argument of Boston, NY, and Philly. Well to be honest, the cities that sell out religiously, are either giant market cities, or small market teams with tradition (Buffalo, Green Bay, Oakland). The small teams go because there's not much to do, and the tradition is there for the teams. In NY there is a lot more things to do than in Miami, but there's also a lot more people there.

First of all, Bikinis are never out of fashion in Miami. Christmas day comes around, and you can head to the beach and see your fair share of Bikinis. Second, I knew someone was going to bring up the argument of Boston, NY, and Philly. Well to be honest, the cities that sell out religiously, are either giant market cities, or small market teams with tradition (Buffalo, Green Bay, Oakland). The small teams go because there's not much to do, and the tradition is there for the teams. In NY there is a lot more things to do than in Miami, but there's also a lot more people there.

355362[/snapback]

This link was in a recent thread, so I will use it too.Market sizes

Yeah, but if you live in Miami, do you vacation in the Dominican Republic where bikinis are overdressing? :doh: (I know its a reach...)

Boston, Washington, and Philly are a whole lot closer in size to Miami than New York... Miami, at 3.5M people is only ~400,000 people smaller than Boston, and ~900,000 smaller than Philly. Of course, NY at 15M+ is ~4 time the size of all of the other cities mentioned.

355212[/snapback]

Lame.

Can't find 3 hours eight times a year to support your team and the excuse is there's too much to do? Please.

Yeah, there's nothing to do in the winter. Hard to believe they manage to have an entire Olympics predicated around the concept. :doh:

Commercial onTV trying to boost season ticket sales- involves numerous people stating  how long they've had tickets.  One spud says    'I'm the 12th man. '  So I rise in righteous indignation and shout "How dare you!  Only the Bills fans (and maybe Texas A and M) can claim that right!"

355152[/snapback]

I don't know about you Dave, but it seems like the Bills front office is turning into Miami as far as the fans are concerned. "OOh, come look at the pretty jersey, isn't it beautiful and trendy...you have to have merchandise.....and we'll bring back players from an era when we actually had a team to make you remember what it felt like to be a winner...and you'll buy tickets in an effort to recapture that old glory...while in reality, we haven't done jack in almost a decade...but we have a hip new QB and the best fans in the league!"

I used to make fun of what tools Miami fans were for falling for it, but not anymore.

355152[/snapback]

he was the 12th man

from cell block AA23

355212[/snapback]

Hold on a second!!!

Usually the first few home games in September are played in awesome weather.

The Jacksonville game was played on a sunny warm day.

I am sure plenty of fans could have said.....Too nice a day, I think I will stay home!

The thing is...to be a true fan of a team means that you follow that team no matter

how nice, or how inclement it is outdoors.

Bills fans are TRUE followers of the team.

Sundays in the fall are a rite of passage.

How many of your families schedule special occasions around the bye week?

It's a way of life around here.

In Miami...it's just another distraction.

355152[/snapback]

Settle down. He meant he was the 12th man out of 50 men in a homoerotic mexican gang bang... you just missed the beginning of the commercial, that's all.

355212[/snapback]

In other words, they're NOT football fans! No need to sugarcoat it. If you'd rather be somehwere else than at the game, you ain't a fan.

PTR

I don't know about you Dave, but it seems like the Bills front office is turning into Miami as far as the fans are concerned. "OOh, come look at the pretty jersey, isn't it beautiful and trendy...you have to have merchandise.....and we'll bring back players from an era when we actually had a team to make you remember what it felt like to be a winner...and you'll buy tickets in an effort to recapture that old glory...while in reality, we haven't done jack in almost a decade...but we have a hip new QB and the best fans in the league!"

I used to make fun of what tools Miami fans were for falling for it, but not anymore.

355877[/snapback]

And yet the Bills are selling out games. You know, if they weren't doing stuff like that, they wouldn't be doing their jobs. I's called marketing, and most businesses do it.

PTR