Harvard: A Woke Joke And They're Hardly Alone. DEI Hire Gay Resigns As President

BillsFanNC

A degree from harvard is worth more than the net worth of 90% of the board.  learn how the world really works, morons. And if u wanna be a SCOTUS judge, you better have some ivy in your past.

On 12/14/2023 at 12:00 PM, All_Pro_Bills said:

I don't think that's the issue.  I think you're missing or avoiding something very obvious.  I think the issue is there's a clear and obvious double standard in effect.  When some fringe left nutjob says something controversial the contention is "free speech" but when some fringe right nutjob says something controversial the contention is "hate speech".  I'm not advocating for censorship of freedom of expression for anybody, including this university president, but it's clear the rules of the game are not being applied evenly across the board.  In this case, the left being in control of the institution refuses to self-regulate themselves while not giving others the same courtesy,

waaa...try being any woman with a substandard degree in the workplace.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

A degree from harvard is worth more than the net worth of 90% of the board.  learn how the world really works, morons. And if u wanna be a SCOTUS judge, you better have some ivy in your past.

The interesting part to me about this is that if one were to look at Harvard as a corporation, historically it would represent many of the things liberal voters often complain about.  High barrier to entry, exorbitant cost, lily white for decades, a highly developed alumni network that favored croneyism/tribalism over virtually everything else, and an exorbitant endowment funded by powerful people of and for the benefit of other powerful people. 

We agree on this, Fergie, that's the real world. It's just kind of odd that liberals are down with all that, up to and including picking up the tab on the taxpayer dime. 

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

waaa...try being any woman with a substandard degree in the workplace.

What does this mean?  What constitutes a substandard degree?   Field of study?  School?  And..."any" woman?   There's more here, and we might yet find some more common ground...

2 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

yes but I am not sure why harvard is struggling so hard to stay relevant

when the meatball desantis' of the world (yale/ harvard grad himself by the way) go after higher education as "woke" to appeal to trailer park voters you just laugh at them.

You don't go on a wild goose chase to respond to their every criticisms 

It's really pretty amazing that you keep getting bounced from the platform.  🤫

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The interesting part to me about this is that if one were to look at Harvard as a corporation, historically it would represent many of the things liberal voters often complain about.  High barrier to entry, exorbitant cost, lily white for decades, a highly developed alumni network that favored croneyism/tribalism over virtually everything else, and an exorbitant endowment funded by powerful people of and for the benefit of other powerful people. 

We agree on this, Fergie, that's the real world. It's just kind of odd that liberals are down with all that, up to and including picking up the tab on the taxpayer dime. 

What does this mean?  What constitutes a substandard degree?   Field of study?  School?  And..."any" woman?   There's more here, and we might yet find some more common ground...

It's really pretty amazing that you keep getting bounced from the platform.  🤫

dude,  being a liberal and a realist aren't mutually exclusive.  And sure, there are lots of preppy pricks in the Ivys.  There are also lots of very smart working class, minority and non legacy kids that worked their asses off.  That said, patriarchy could be lessened at them.

Trump will promise to take them on but the most gauche there  are "his people".  He won't do a thing.

as far as substandard, think of any community college or St Bonaventure or Niagara = below average, easy to get in, low national networking.

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

dude,  being a liberal and a realist aren't mutually exclusive.  And sure, there are lots of preppy pricks in the Ivys.  There are also lots of very smart working class, minority and non legacy kids that worked their asses off.  That said, patriarchy could be lessened at them.

You were talking 'real life'.  I was, too.  It wasn't meant to be personal, nor was it meant to be an indictment on graduates of Harvard--wealthy from birth or hard-scrabble kids who overcame their situation.  I don't invest much time in worrying about that sort of thing, because it provides nothing of value to me.  

I guess I would say Harvard, the prestigious educational institution, has provided the world with some first class educated individuals who have done some great things for humanity (and of course, more than a few scoundrels). 

It's also fair to say Harvard, the business, is exclusionary, biased, tribal, nepotistic and awfully good at keeping extraordinary amounts of money in house.  

Trump will promise to take them on but the most gauche there  are "his people".  He won't do a thing.

"Won't do a thing" leads me back to the original point.  Who is doing anything about these institutions beyond offering their graduates/undergrads a ride on the taxpayer gravy train?  It's almost like the normal rules don't apply to them.  

Here's a thought.  As of 2022, Harvard's slush fund was $51,000,000,000.   Why not reach out to the trustees, explain the challenges in education and student loan debt, and ask 'em to kick in $0.50 on the dollar?  Lather, rinse, repeat across the country, especially at the prestigious universities with wealthy benefactors.  

as far as substandard, think of any community college or St Bonaventure or Niagara = below average, easy to get in, low national networking.

Ah, I don't think that way, so I'll leave you to it.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ah, I don't think that way, so I'll leave you to it.  

say you or I went to one of this institutions and tried to get a wall St finance job or even better a job in international finance, say in London.  If that was your goal you damn well should think like that....

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

piss off joe

niagara and st Bonaventure are lovely institutions 

where did you go anyway

St Lawrence.  Lots of friends at Dartmouth, Harvard, Middlebury, Skidmore, Oberlin etc.  I attended Niagara for 2 semesters as a grad student.  Nothing like those schools as far as faculty, facilities, libraries or connnections.

Quack, MD with the elitism never gets old.

He knows what a degree from Harvard is worth....perhaps something that can be reasonably estimated...

What can't be reasonably guesstimated is the net worth of any individual on this board. 

But that doesn't stop 'ole Quack from engaging in still more of his special brand of pompous elitism.

What a dick.

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

Quack, MD with the elitism never gets old.

He knows what a degree from Harvard is worth....perhaps something that can be reasonably estimated...

What can't be reasonably guesstimated is the net worth of any individual on this board. 

But that doesn't stop 'ole Quack from engaging in still more of his special brand of pompous elitism.

What a dick.

i know what estimated earning are from Harvard on average.  Most end up in the top 10% for earnings.