The Golf Ball Rollback is Stupid

todd

On 12/12/2023 at 7:14 AM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Top Flite's tagline should have been "The Most Abandoned Ball In Golf!"

Every time you find a ball, chances are it is a Top Flite. Made of granite with a slate outer core and ceramic outer layer.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/11/2023 at 12:35 AM, Simon said:

You can't hold a green with a 5 iron?

You better go hybrid ; - )

Nope, I can't spin a 5 iron. Unless you count sidespin, then I can spin the hell out of it. 🙂 I did get new Srixon ZX5s this offseason and they can hold greens wonderfully. Love them. My previous irons were only three months old, but the lofts were far too jacked and the face was so hot that sometimes you'd get a flyer that went an extra 20 yards. Mizuno JPX923 HotMetal Pro. Yuck. Even had the lofts weakened a degree, and that helped a small bit but I hated them.

37 minutes ago, todd said:

Every time you find a ball, chances are it is a Top Flite. Made of granite with a slate outer core and ceramic outer layer.

I still remember the course and hole we were on years ago when I, naturally, put a ball in the lake guarding the front of the green. My buddy who was a MUCH more regular golfer saw what I was hitting, dropped a ball for me and said “try this, you’ve got it.”  When I struck that ball it was like playing a different game. Like I had been playing pickle ball that looked and sounded awful, and I just learned how to play tennis. 

I’m still not extravagant with golf balls as we rarely have time to become too attached, but I get decent used balls in volume on-line. I may not be great, but I am NOT slow. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/15/2023 at 2:24 PM, todd said:

Anytime I find one, I throw it deeper into the woods/weeds. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.