Bills vs Lions 2022, 23 seconds, what do we do?

Mikie2times

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

His reasoning was basically because the rain which is ridiculous 

makes absolutely no sense because up to that point, the bills had like 460 Yards of offence, only one sack and one turnover in about 88 plays.

The guy has absolutely no feel for the game 

Not only that but we had also just seen a 60yard FG hit right in the face lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

We talked about this earlier

I hated kneeling down for exactly this reason...I always want to be aggressive in these situations. I would have said the same if Allen threw a pick six in both Lions and Eagles games

the right choice is the right choice regardless of outcome

To the bolded, that's great for you but unfortunately most others here would flip 180 degrees and say we should have taken it to OT if an Allen pick happened. We know how this goes.

btw I agree we should have been aggressive there with 20 sec... But its not a fire-able situation

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Being mentally strong and being foolish are a very very short distance apart. 

In addition to that QB, he has 52 other players. Any one of them could have made a play as well.

When you have Josh Allen on a heater it’s a mistake to take the knee and not try and end the game.

That being said, it wasn’t why they lost and he had a couple other decisions that were clearly much worse.

He’s a good coach who plays to his defense in situations that aren’t warranted. I still believe Allen can drag this team to the playoffs if McDermott will just get out of his own way.

2 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

image.thumb.png.e4b43e20b91c23007c129f8a9d1dba94.png

So why would we decide now that being aggressive in this situation isn't the right course of action? It's one thing to always say that is or isn't the right decision. That could be interpreted as somewhat philosophical even if it is against the probabilities. But to switch for no apparent reason. It just shows the level of planning and detail in these moments. It's based on gut feeling in the moment and not long term planning and probabilities. 

It's an extremely poor decision that has been called out by everyone which should be embarrassing for him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.