What more can Allen do?

ToGoGo

43 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Well there you go guys. Good thing there are so many expert problem solvers in this forum. All Josh has to do is focus on Football more, work out more, yell at his teammates more, and all our issues are over. You know, I bet if he focuses on Football more in the off season, we will no longer have our defense collapse every time we get a lead. That is right, Josh works more with Palmer, we no longer have to worry about McDermott playing it safe/not to lose, our defense will suddenly learn to put a game away once we get the lead.

I hope Josh is in here reading this.

Look, I am not saying he cannot make room for improvement, maybe start making more effort to take care of his body etc. Nobody is above room for improvement, but at the end of the day, he has about 5 times this season walked off the field with the lead and less than a minute left, and the defense could not stop the other team. If you think the work he puts in the off season suddenly fixes this trajectory, you do you. 

Meanwhile, Chris Simms at the 4:50 mark is spot on!

If you keep listening to that link Mike Florio touches on what others are saying, though.

27 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If you keep listening to that link Mike Florio touches on what others are saying, though.

I listened, and don't totally disagree, but at the end of the day, Josh has brought the team back about 5 or 6 times this season, walked off the field with the lead, and the team still lost.

None of us know what Josh does or says behind the scenes. Last season he asked for Cole and John Brown to be brought back, and they were. Obviously he is giving SOME input. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Part of the reason they lose so many close, one score games is Allen’s brilliance in often bringing the team back and tying the game or taking a late lead. That allows for the opponent to have the opportunity to steal the game back, which they always seem to do.

22 hours ago, Simon said:

Keep grinding is the only answer.

Ever.

For once we agree

22 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Serious question. 

I felt horrible for Josh.  He fought so hard and deserved that W.  

The game last night felt very much like the :13 game

15 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Part of the reason they lose so many close, one score games is Allen’s brilliance in often bringing the team back and tying the game or taking a late lead. That allows for the opponent to have the opportunity to steal the game back, which they always seem to do.

That’s not really true.  It’s up to the defense to make a stop on the final possession.  They’ve failed in many situations under McDermott.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Wizard said:

Not much. With that said, yes, he was solid today. Still, all-time great QB's are clutch. Allen is like Marino, Favre, and Rodgers. Amazing tools but somehow (even when he plays well), his team most of the time can't put the whole thing together for 80% of key losses. Today was an 80% loss game with Allen failing to make a few key passes.

Allen was way more than solid yesterday.  He missed a few throws, but he truly put the team on his back with a valient effort.   He made several amazing plays, 400+ total yards and 4 TDs in terrible weather against a strong D should get it done.   But your comps of Marino and Favre are good.  His play styie is like Favre, but recently I've been thinking his career could end up like Marino.   Marino was an amazing paser, but as on overall QB, I would never have traded Kelly for Marino in their primes.   Kelly knew how to manage and win games.  In the same way,  Eagles fans would not trade Hurts for Allen.

The 0-6 OT record for Josh is telling.   Other than the Chiefs playoff game, the Bills O had the ball with a chance to win.  In those 5 games, their drives were punt, punt, INT, punt , FG.   So yesterday was the first time they even put up 3 points.   Of course the D was no help in those 6 games. They only forced 1 punt, Houston playoff game, and the Bills punted back to lose on FG, and only forced 1 FG against the Vikings and then Bills lost when Allen was intercepted.  Other 4 games were immediate TD drives or punt return for TD.  Complimentary football.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.