Old saying: “Teams are a reflection of their COACH”

WinterSoldier17

Here is my take on McD 

1.  His in game flaws never have improved they still are there with the poor in game decisions in game management 

2.  He got what he was asking for since he has been here. A basic boring offense. 

3.  Makes every decision in his mind based on what is best for the defense. 

Those and his other flaws are well known. However the team ALWAYS has played disciplined football with him as a coach. They have always came out ready to play for him as a coach. 

Ever since Damar went down something broke that was the turning point. While McD as a person was probably the best person to lead this team through all the tragedy last year off field and on. That also seem to have broken something when Damar went down. 

maybe that something is never going to get reported on but that moment something happened with the influence in the room. 

this team now still has ALL McD flaws (they are still there - like Josh’s). 

BUT

this team is now undisciplined and making very basic mistakes that have not been seen during McD. 

I see a football team tuning out the coaches message at this point. 

that right there is enough to go in my opinion he has lost the locker room and it started when Damar went down to be honest. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Im sorry but this game is on 17. McDermott defense kept the Bills in it like always and once again Josh couldn’t deliver . Better QB play the Bills win this game easily. 

What we see on the field from players is one cause.  The game-plan, in-game calls, players they select to play/bench and even draft/sign, and a whole host of other reasons impact the final result.

Josh is a part of the problem.  But he ain't the only thing wrong with that team.  This season didn't go off the rails beginning in week 1.  It's been coming.  

Total overhaul of the organizational vision is required.  Not going to happen with this HC and GM. 

• Agree 2

Here is another thing on McD that likely is helping losing the locker room. 

Cook loses the football fighting for extra yards and gets benched. (FINE) 

Gabe Davis runs wrong routes, cannot catch balls in his hands leading to Picks. Invisible for weeks on end - Loses no snaps. 

Phillips makes a bone head dumb penalty - loses no snaps 

von Miller misses tackles - loses no snaps (well only plays what 10). 

PLAYERS see that 

I can’t really put my finger on why but it seems obvious and clear that McD has lost locker room and players don’t believe in scheme, coach, process whatever. Couple of weird observations

1. handshake with Daboll.  Clearly those guys don’t like each other yet our QB and many former players love Daboll and I think Josh says he talks to him every week

2. WR coach leaving after last year to take a lateral job. Just seems odd. 

Things are off and at least getting to point that I remember during drought years where you move into phase of comical acceptance. 12 men on field definitely helped with that. 

next year we definitely need coaching changes as our cap situation won’t allow much roster movement. Ughh. Go Bills. 

Something is amiss internally, I can see/smell it from afar. If McD has lost the locker-room, then it's time to maybe let him go also. All this talent and no leadership, just look at the decisions being made, (the long leash on a hero type QB(reign him in, it's not about Josh). You want a winning culture, then preach nasty, winning football. OC fire was nothing more than a scapegoat taking it in the wahzoo instead of firing McD, who I feel has got to go. Too many warriors giving it their all for a few to throw it all away. Too many times, the check down was open and Mr Heroball wanted to throw into 2-3 man coverage. Some Humble pie is definitely needed or we will lose the ability to attract real players. GM, HC, QB need the owner to light a fire under thier arssssses. I've seen this team lose big games from 1969-present. Same ole crapola, hero's instead of warriors!!!

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Blown playoff loss at Houston

Hail Murray 

13 Seconds 

Minnesota disaster 

Embarrassing home loss to Bengals 

Losing to Zach Wilson - twice

Letting Mac Jones come back and beat you

12 Men on the field 

Ruining Josh Allen

We’re done here. 

No fan deserves this, and neither do the players that had to suffer through any of those.

Better coaching likely changes the outcome of every spectacular fail listed above

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsVet said:

What we see on the field from players is one cause.  The game-plan, in-game calls, players they select to play/bench and even draft/sign, and a whole host of other reasons impact the final result.

Josh is a part of the problem.  But he ain't the only thing wrong with that team.  This season didn't go off the rails beginning in week 1.  It's been coming.  

Total overhaul of the organizational vision is required.  Not going to happen with this HC and GM. 

That’s where I’m at myself. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.