4.9% GDP Growth

19 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Another indicator of Joes "soaring" economy:

Last year: Isn't it about time we stopped all those special COVID payments, eviction moratoriums, student loan forbearance, etc?

This year: Hey, look, bankruptcy filings are up! It must be Biden's fault!!

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Last year: Isn't it about time we stopped all those special COVID payments, eviction moratoriums, student loan forbearance, etc?

This year: Hey, look, bankruptcy filings are up! It must be Biden's fault!!

You forgot higher interest rates due to skyrocketing inflation since 2022, now the highest since 1983.

https://www.cnbc.com/select/interest-rates-rising-saving-more-appealing-debt-more-harmful/

“The Fed has repeatedly raised rates this year in an effort to corral rampant inflation that has reached 40-year highs.”

“Higher interest rates may help curb soaring prices, but it also increases the cost of borrowing which can make everyday financial products more expensive, like mortgages, personal loans and credit cards.”

Though, no doubt, Joe deserves a free pass on this as well.👌

• Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

You forgot higher interest rates due to skyrocketing inflation since 2022, now the highest since 1983.

https://www.cnbc.com/select/interest-rates-rising-saving-more-appealing-debt-more-harmful/

“The Fed has repeatedly raised rates this year in an effort to corral rampant inflation that has reached 40-year highs.”

“Higher interest rates may help curb soaring prices, but it also increases the cost of borrowing which can make everyday financial products more expensive, like mortgages, personal loans and credit cards.”

Though, no doubt, Joe deserves a free pass on this as well.👌

I'm not saying Biden "deserves a free pass."

I'm saying that this form of argument is not persuasive to any rational person. In other words, urging the Administration to cut off the flow of public benefits, and then decrying the resulting rise in bankruptcies.

17 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm saying that this form of argument is not persuasive to any rational person. In other words, urging the Administration to cut off the flow of public benefits, and then decrying the resulting rise in bankruptcies.

Urging and actually cutting the flow of public benefits don’t go hand in hand.

Title 42 has ended to increase benefits for illegals, Medicaid is expanding, the SNAP is growing, all public benefits.

Job loss, medical expenses, and escalating mortgage payments are the most common reasons people file for bankruptcy.

• Like (+1) 2

"special COVID payments, eviction moratoriums, student loan forbearance"

All emergency and had end dates.

Not means tested, income-based welfare.

The bills all have to be paid, just kicking the can adds interest to them, driving up cost.

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...