Pass Interference?

newcam2012

Seems like the ref (back judge) may not have had the angle to see TJ still grabbing the jersey at the arm pit, but would have seen Waller’s hands on TJ’s face mask and therefor may have not thrown the flag. Not sure which other officials would be in position to make that call.

12 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Looks like PI to me. Can you imagine if a Giant CB did this to a Bill?

Sure looks like the Bills caught a huge break. 

What does everyone think?

Are we going to ignore the receiver also pushed off Johnsons face mask?  Yes, it could have been called.  It could have also been a push off/illegal hands to the face by the receiver.  I also thought the one that was called was pretty tick tacky and they missed two trips on our receivers to start the game.  Officiating is what it is... absolute garbage.

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It wasn't... Because these weren't in 2021 when Bills lost to to Bucs down in Tampa in 2021 and had to play on the road in KC during the playoffs that year:

Bills@Bucs_1220211.thumb.jpg.f4dc2494c0f50a2149a027cf96e0c38b.jpg

In the same game you can add in a PI called on us when the receiver actually grabbed our dp and pulled the db into himself.  I forgot the two involved but I remember the play.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Rule 4-8-2

ARTICLE 2. PERIOD EXTENDED. At the election of the opponent, a period may be extended for one untimed down, if any of the following occurs during a down during which time in the period expires:

(h) If a double foul occurs during the last down of either half, the period shall be extended by an untimed down.

Exceptions: The half is not extended if:

(1) both fouls are dead-ball fouls

(2) there is a major-minor double foul (“5 vs. 15”), and the major foul is by the offense, or if the major foul is a dead ball foul by the defense (see 14-5-1-Item 1.)

Note: Dead ball, personal, unsportsmanlike conduct, or taunting fouls by either team at the end of a half are enforced on the ensuing kickoff (14-4-9-Exc. 1).

(3) there is a double foul with a change of possession (“clean hands” rule, see 14-5-2) that does not involve a replay of the down. If a double foul occurs on the last play of the first or third periods, the period is not extended.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.