Defense scheme

Drew21PA

With von coming back

play if AJE

Groot returning

Floyd being a monster

would those factor into potentially taking pressure off the back end?  

I know a lot are down on poyer and Hyde (I’m not I think they are playing above average)

my main concern now is replacing Matt Milano which I don’t think you can.

so would those front guys offset more with von back?  Kind of a masking of the drop off from Milano to the “next man up”

ehhh full week of practice Dane Jackson and bendord will be alright on the corners with taron Johnson 

Yes obviously it will definitely help.  The Bills had similar issues last year missing a lot of players on D and held together mostly fine.  The scheme limits the impact of any one player going out to as much a degree as possible. Obviously having Tre, DaQuan and Cookie out are big losses, but not as big as they would be in other schemes.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

With von coming back

play if AJE

Groot returning

Floyd being a monster

would those factor into potentially taking pressure off the back end?  

I know a lot are down on poyer and Hyde (I’m not I think they are playing above average)

my main concern now is replacing Matt Milano which I don’t think you can.

so would those front guys offset more with von back?  Kind of a masking of the drop off from Milano to the “next man up”

ehhh full week of practice Dane Jackson and bendord will be alright on the corners with taron Johnson 

With how slow poyer has been....Wonder if there is a world where he just replaces Milanos spot and Rapp takes the safety spot.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yes obviously it will definitely help.  The Bills had similar issues last year missing a lot of players on D and held together mostly fine.  The scheme limits the impact of any one player going out to as much a degree as possible. Obviously having Tre, DaQuan and Cookie out are big losses, but not as big as they would be in other schemes.

Suppose I feel a little better.  I was impressed with how we lost 3-4 defensive backs last year and played admirably 

1 minute ago, Ramza86 said:

With how slow poyer has been....Wonder if there is a world where he just replaces Milanos spot and Rapp takes the safety spot.

Thought I guess - but I’m not on that bandwagon that he’s slowed down.  Making plays still for sure - same with Hyde 

2 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

No way...dude is giving up 20+ lbs...he would get eaten alive by OLinemen. Actually almost 30 lbs...Poyer is listed at 192 lbs, Milano at 221 lbs.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

Only reason I have ANY SORT of optimism is because of the play from TB 43

now I know some will say it’s because of milano

but I’m talking about the kids quickness on blitzes, sure tackling and has been solid in pass defense as well

in encouraged by the French men 

8 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

that'd be the nail in the coffin for poyer. his body can't take it anymore. he's rocky V when we need him to be rocky IV.

• Haha (+1) 1

I’ve always thought one of the advantages of this specific defense is they put priority on the front four and then fill the back 7 with high IQ athletic teewners that don’t command a premium in the NFL marketplace. Edmunds for example was a polar opposite to this idea, and it is supported with his departure (in my view Milano resigning was a clear decision to move on from edmunds) 

Milano and Bernard are small. Poyer and Hyde were late picks and considered depth where they were. Taron is a similar type of player. 

Corners - guys like Dane, Benford… they lack the coveted press man coverage ability, but they still work. 

maybe they’ll find another gem somewhere 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

I hope Williams is as advertised being a very athletic player in the same vein as Millano, but that being said you can't just replace a player like Millano that guy will be missed .

It's time for the others to step it up & I'm hoping the Bills depth & the fact that Von coming back will help as long as Daquan can get back the D front will still be something to deal with which is a plus ...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.