Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

I don't pretend to understand terrorists, so I don't understand what Hamas' strategy is here. But as an outside observer: in what way does it advance Hamas' cause today - with large parts of Gaza destroyed and effectively under Israeli control - to keep lobbing bombs into Israeli territory? It is counterproductive; it makes it that much easier for Israel to occupy continued strikes on Gaza because you have an enemy that continues to present an imminent/continuing threat to he territory of Israel. In other words, it undermines a "we're the victims now" argument.

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't pretend to understand terrorists, so I don't understand what Hamas' strategy is here. But as an outside observer: in what way does it advance Hamas' cause today - with large parts of Gaza destroyed and effectively under Israeli control - to keep lobbing bombs into Israeli territory? It is counterproductive; it makes it that much easier for Israel to occupy continued strikes on Gaza because you have an enemy that continues to present an imminent/continuing threat to he territory of Israel. In other words, it undermines a "we're the victims now" argument.

Many of the Hamas leaders are not even in Gaza. Many are just taking orders from Iran, so it is said. The forces not in Gaza are getting stronger. Palestians driven from their lands by Israel are all over the world and their growing strength is obvious on the streets of western nations. Iran is also a growing power. Same with the rest of of the oil producing states. So perhaps what happens on the ground in Gaza is only important to the leaders of Hamas--or whoever controls it--for the images it generates that threaten Israel. The Palestinian people are just pawns in the game   

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

A list like this

https://canarymission.org/

Damn

I mean you know I can do this for the other side too right? You can’t be serious with this. This proves you’re biased. I would never share stuff like this because I know both sides are guilty of it. Hell the number one song in Israel is a violent one towards Palestinians, Bella Hadid, Mia Khalifa and such. Foh with this lol 

Edited by Justice
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You and me both bro. The only thing I can think of is they hope the nations join in to help them. It’s insane. 

22 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Klonopin is what they fed to the hostages.  

Maybe. And then again Israel isn’t allowing the hostages to speak 

17 minutes ago, Justice said:

You and me both bro. The only thing I can think of is they hope the nations join in to help them. It’s insane. 

Maybe. And then again Israel isn’t allowing the hostages to speak 

So @Justice let me ask you a question. We're talking about when a population group is "a people" or something that would fit the definition of what we consider for a nation-state. Some here think the Ukrainians are just Russians who insist on being difficult.

I mentioned that Jordan used to be Transjordan, immediately post-WWII, after the setting of boundaries as the British and French "mandates" dissolved. "Transjordan" because it meant the territory east of the Jordan River, so not the West Bank. The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan didn't like that notion, so they dropped the "Trans" part and claimed the West Bank for themselves. Then after the 1967 war they relinquished their claim to the West Bank in favor of the idea that the West Bank should be at the core of what should be a nation of Palestine (not recognizing Israel). Or something like all of that.

I saw in the last interview Kissinger gave (let's reserve judgement on him as a person for the moment), he said he'd given up on a two-state solution and would like to see the West Bank revert to Jordan again. Now, there's a practical problem: the King of Jordan doesn't like that, probably mostly for practical reasons as it would dilute his power. But: (1) we are talking about generally the same "people," right? And (2) why wouldn't this be the more natural and obvious solution? I don't know what becomes of Gaza, but in general shouldn't there be Israel and Jordan, not Israel and Jordan and some other new state? Jordan could allow the West Bank some manner of autonomy in local affairs. And the world community could bribe them in some way to back down on their opposition to once again claiming the West Bank as their own.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So @Justice let me ask you a question. We're talking about when a population group is "a people" or something that would fit the definition of what we consider for a nation-state. Some here think the Ukrainians are just Russians who insist on being difficult.

I mentioned that Jordan used to be Transjordan, immediately post-WWII, after the setting of boundaries as the British and French "mandates" dissolved. "Transjordan" because it meant the territory east of the Jordan River, so not the West Bank. The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan didn't like that notion, so they dropped the "Trans" part and claimed the West Bank for themselves. Then after the 1967 war they relinquished their claim to the West Bank in favor of the idea that the West Bank should be at the core of what should be a nation of Palestine (not recognizing Israel). Or something like all of that.

I saw in the last interview Kissinger gave (let's reserve judgement on him as a person for the moment), he said he'd given up on a two-state solution and would like to see the West Bank revert to Jordan again. Now, there's a practical problem: the King of Jordan doesn't like that, probably mostly for practical reasons as it would dilute his power. But: (1) we are talking about generally the same "people," right? And (2) why wouldn't this be the more natural and obvious solution? I don't know what becomes of Gaza, but in general shouldn't there be Israel and Jordan, not Israel and Jordan and some other new state? Jordan could allow the West Bank some manner of autonomy in local affairs. And the world community could bribe them in some way to back down on their opposition to once again claiming the West Bank as their own.

I wouldn’t be against it. I’ve long given up on a Palestinian state though. I’m even ok with a one state solution and that state being Israel as long as everyone has equal rights. The only problem is Israel will never go for it and they will not give the WB to the Jordanians anyways. 

5 minutes ago, Justice said:

I wouldn’t be against it. I’ve long given up on a Palestinian state though. I’m even ok with a one state solution and that state being Israel as long as everyone has equal rights. The only problem is Israel will never go for it and they will not give the WB to the Jordanians anyways. 

Of course they wouldn't agree to it. It would be suicidal. 

• Like (+1) 1

Charbu Darbu sounds like paper airplanes and actually calls out HAMAS leaders by name, and those morons for openly supporting HAMAS.

The song ends with an up-tempo section where the rappers promise to “X out” their enemies. They call them out by name, including Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah, senior Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh, and Mohammed Deif, head of Hamas’s military wing and one of the likely masterminds behind the October 7 massacres, saying in Arabic, “Every dog gets his day.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r5E2njcCzk

seems kind of mild to American Hip hop lyrics

Ever heard of the October 17th song?  

1 hour ago, Justice said:

The only problem is Israel will never go for it and they will not give the WB to the Jordanians anyways. 

The current Israeli government won't. But the current Israeli government won't last.

Jordan has the benefit of not being a failed state (it's a low bar in that region) that could, at least in theory, provide adequate security for Israel. Of course, Israel would have to start taking down settlements too. But I do think Kissinger (say what you will about him, he started the process that resulted in the Camp David accords) was probably right: the idea of having a wholly independent Palestinian state in the classic "two state solution" ship has sailed.

43 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Charbu Darbu sounds like paper airplanes and actually calls out HAMAS leaders by name, and those morons for openly supporting HAMAS.

The song ends with an up-tempo section where the rappers promise to “X out” their enemies. They call them out by name, including Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah, senior Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh, and Mohammed Deif, head of Hamas’s military wing and one of the likely masterminds behind the October 7 massacres, saying in Arabic, “Every dog gets his day.”

Problem with that is Hamas is anyone they say is Hamas. I’ve been called Hamas here on this thread. It’s unreal. 

Also I have an issue calling any human an animal. You treat ppl like caged animals and then you’re surprised when they bite? Foh. 

Edited by Justice
  • Eyeroll 1

Oh and another thing. They removed Dammi Falastini from Spotify and in the meantime a song calling for genocide is permitted. We know who controls us. Kanye was right. Bend the knee *****. And now the NFL wants players to take a knee for Israel. You can’t make this ***** up. 

26 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The current Israeli government won't. But the current Israeli government won't last.

Jordan has the benefit of not being a failed state (it's a low bar in that region) that could, at least in theory, provide adequate security for Israel. Of course, Israel would have to start taking down settlements too. But I do think Kissinger (say what you will about him, he started the process that resulted in the Camp David accords) was probably right: the idea of having a wholly independent Palestinian state in the classic "two state solution" ship has sailed.

Not this government nor any to come will permit that 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

And Dua Lipa, and Mia Khalifa and Bella Hadid. And I’d like to point out how you copy and pasted that entire second paragraph. Maybe you’d like to share your own thoughts on this matter or at the very least let it be known you’re plagiarizing someone’s work. 

Either way you’re sugar coating a despicable song. 

• Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, Justice said:

Oh and another thing. They removed Dammi Falastini from Spotify and in the meantime a song calling for genocide is permitted. We know who controls us. Kanye was right. Bend the knee *****. And now the NFL wants players to take a knee for Israel. You can’t make this ***** up. 

Not this government nor any to come will permit that 

I'm just waiting to hear how you were "stabbed in the back".

• Haha (+1) 1