Solar Panels

Joe Ferguson forever

There are several major items that impact the fundamentals of solar:

1) most important how much sun do you get? If you live in Phoenix much better idea then Buffalo.

2) what is the payout vs cost, the individual power companies payouts vary greatly depending on area 

3) make sure the company doing installing is an approved vendor of the panels they are doing. If Tesla make sure Tesla knows who they are, and check their name with power company. 

I also recommend not doing business with an unknown company because installation not done right can mean roof leaks or inefficient unit use. 

38 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They're ugly as *****

I would never put solar panels on a house that I own and take pride in. God awful looking.

I guess it depends on the house. For me the south facing side of my roof points to my backyard. My backyard abuts common space and woods so nobody would ever see them, including me. I don't often walk out into the woods to gaze back at my own house.

The Tesla roofs look nice but I trust Tesla about as far as I can throw Elon so there's that...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I guess it depends on the house. For me the south facing side of my roof points to my backyard. My backyard abuts common space and woods so nobody would ever see them, including me. I don't often walk out into the woods to gaze back at my own house.

The Tesla roofs look nice but I trust Tesla about as far as I can throw Elon so there's that...

Mine would be next to my driveway.  Basically in a meadow. I think they would distract from the meadow, nature vibe which I enjoy.  That said, it seems natural to use the sun's energy.  I'm gonna price a propane generator and decide.  If the world devolves into chaos, there won't be  propane but there won't be much of anything.  Got lots of firewood, game and a garden.  Those will have to do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.