(TV)Anyone watch "Hit Me One More Time"

or whatever it was called last nite on nbc? it was friggin awful, loverboy sucked more than usual, flock of seagulls(Mike Score) were terrible, tiffany dressed in the dark apparently and looked like she ate debbie gibson, ce ce whoever....who cares and arrested development were listless. the host was god awful. if it comes back for one another week, i will be shocked, they should just show vh-1's bands reunited, at least that was interseting, and amir the host was pretty cool. this just plain sucked!!!!!! :D<_<:huh:

or whatever it was called last nite on nbc?  it was friggin awful, loverboy sucked more than usual, flock of seagulls(Mike Score) were terrible, tiffany dressed in the dark apparently and looked like she ate debbie gibson, ce ce whoever....who cares and arrested development were listless.  the host was god awful.  if it comes back for one another week, i will be shocked, they should just show vh-1's bands reunited, at least that was interseting, and amir the host was pretty cool.  this just plain sucked!!!!!! :D  <_<  :huh:

350390[/snapback]

I was gonna watch it, but since it was my birthday, my wife and I went out for ice cream instead.

Figures. I love 80's music and you say this show was unwatchable. I guess I'll just have to live with my memories, then.

Mike

Just caught the last act - Cece whoever. A couple Twinkies over the legal limit for show biz. :D

They have two more scheduled. I want to see The Knack and Tommy Two Tone. <_<

They have the next two show lineups at nbc.com, but I am too lazy to set a link.

I remember seeing a concert at the Aud back in the 80's.....Loverboy opened for The Scorpions. Oh, those were the days! I saw them last night on that stupid show. The Loverboy lead singer now is a good example of the aging process gone bad. So is that Flock of Seagulls dude. ugh. Tiffany looked pregnant but i heard on the radio it's just a spare tire. Arrested Development actually sounded decent.

It really was overhyped and really disappointing. One should probably never believe someone trying to sell you something, but I had such fond memories of the music of my extended youth in the 80s, I did tape it with the thought of getting together with a friend to watch it. I think we'll just go out to dinner instead.

I actually will tape next week because like a poster above I want to see Tommy Tutone and The Knack but it was over-produced and quite silly.

It's only good point was that the studio audience did actually vote a preference for the one group which re-interpreted the cover tune they did after doing their old stand-by in a way that fit their style.

I haqve little artistic connection with Tiffany anyway and even less with Tiffany merely copying Kelly Clarkson who I have little artistic connection with either.

Even though Arrested Development ain't a favorite of mine either, at least they did a remake of a pop tune in their won distinctive style which was at least different though not a earthshaker for me.

Blllaaaagh!

I watched it just to see what those people looked like. It was interesting in a "have to stop and look at the accident" kind of way. The years have not been kind. The guy from Loverboy comes out 40lbs. overweight, bald and couldn't even get through "Working for the Weekend" without gasping for air. The guy from Flock of Seagulls who used to have the big girl hair nows wears a cap to hide his baldness. Tiffany looked OK in a trailer park kind of way. At least she didn't have her boobage hidden. I also noticed the songs performed were shorter than the original version and didn't sound nearly as good.

Next week: The Knack, Tommy Tutone, The Motels, Vanilla Ice and Haddaway. Should be better than yesterday.

Just caught the last act - Cece whoever. A couple Twinkies over the legal limit for show biz.  :D

They have two more scheduled. I want to see The Knack and Tommy Two Tone.  <_<

They have the next two show lineups at nbc.com, but I am too lazy to set a link.

350402[/snapback]

Horrible...absolutely horrible. One time Tiffany bent forward towards the crowd and it looked like those things were going to fall right out.

I couldn't even watch the lead singer to Loverboy...he was fat, off-key, and unsuccessfully tried to pull off those oh-so-sexy moves from 20 years ago.

That entire show was a debacle.

Horrible...absolutely horrible.  One time Tiffany bent forward towards the crowd and it looked like those things were going to fall right out.

That was my favorite part. I stopped watching soon after because I knew it wouldn't get any better (what can I say, I'm a breast man! Oh yeah, and a leg man, and an...).

I watched it just to see what those people looked like. It was interesting in a "have to stop and look at the accident" kind of way. The years have not been kind. The guy from Loverboy comes out 40lbs. overweight, bald and couldn't even get through "Working for the Weekend" without gasping for air. The guy from Flock of Seagulls who used to have the big girl hair nows wears a cap to hide his baldness. Tiffany looked OK in a trailer park kind of way. At least she didn't have her boobage hidden. I also noticed the songs performed were shorter than the original version and didn't sound nearly as good.

Next week: The Knack, Tommy Tutone, The Motels, Vanilla Ice and Haddaway. Should be better than yesterday.

350467[/snapback]

Vanilla Ice? Okay, I know one show I WON'T be watching next week....

Whassamatta, Rock, hung over from the cake and ice cream? :D

Here's your link: nbc.com

What a trainwreck! I loved it. It was tough to watch AFOS. I felt bad for him. AD was far and away better than everyone else. I kept looking at Tiffany but couldn't figure out if 1.) She was preg 2.) She just had a baby or 3.) She was fat?

Jeff

I saw Loverboy and almost vomited. I had to change it. The lead singer looked like he ate whoever the younger cheesy guy was that used to sing for them. He sounded weird too. If this is what the summer will offer on TV, then mine will be off.

Vanilla Ice? Okay, I know one show I WON'T be watching next week....

Whassamatta, Rock, hung over from the cake and ice cream? :D

Here's your link: nbc.com

350523[/snapback]

I found the link to the lineup for each of the three shows yesterday but cannot find it today. I thought it said The Knack, Tommy Tutone, and Vanilla Ice were on the 3rd show, but I am apparently wrong.

I did over eat when the strawberry/blueberry shortcake was served. <_<