Bills continue to be dissed b ESPN

So I am watching that horrible ESPN List show, with Stuart Scott...a few weeks ago, they placed the Bills 1990-93 Super Bowl runs on their all-time most overrated feats in sports...now tonight, they are doing all-time worst teams. In 25 slots, not a single Bills team ranked in their all time worst category? How the hell can that be? While I was around for the mid/late 60's Bills teams, I am too young to remember. So, my memories start around 1971 or 1972. The Bills had some absolutely dreadful teams in the 60's, 70's and early-mid 80's. ESPN can't even give us one slot, but they place the Ottawa Senators, San Jose Sharks, Florida Marlins, Columbia college football teams, the 96 Jets for crying out loud! But no Bills? I had season tickets in the 1980's. I can attest, the 1984 and 1985 Bills teams could have given any Saints team a run for their money! Why won't ESPN show us some R-E-S-P-E-C-T?????!!!!!!!!!! :D

At our best, they say we are not THAT good, and at our worst, they claim we are not Top 25 bad! So does that just make the Bills mediocre? GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................

The 1968 ( 1-12-1 ) and 1971 (1-13 ) were the worst teams. The '68 team was on the decline and then suffered injuries to multiple starters, including Jack Kemp.

The 1971 team could have been beaten by USC, Notre Dame and Ohio St. They were just dreadful. The '84 and '85 teams were pretty bad, agreed.

Guest BackInDaDay
The 1968 ( 1-12-1 ) and 1971 (1-13 ) were the worst teams. The '68 team was on the decline and then suffered injuries to multiple starters, including Jack Kemp.

The 1971 team could have been beaten by USC, Notre Dame and Ohio St.  They were just dreadful. The '84 and '85 teams were pretty bad, agreed.

350245[/snapback]

Ahhh, but that one win in '68, on a crappy day at War Memorial against Namath's Super Bowl bound Jets, made it a successful season. :D

I think we picked him off 4 times, which led him to say something about how much he hated playing the Bills at home because they were so tough there. Only respect we got that year, but it came from the best QB playing.

Why do you need validation from the national talking heads? Who cares what ESPN or CBS Sportsline or any of those national mediots think?

You guys love your team, you're proud of your team and each and every week you root for your team.

Screw them, they'll only hop on board once the bandwagon has departed championship station on track 9.

Ahhh, but that one win in '68, on a crappy day at War Memorial against Namath's Super Bowl bound Jets, made it a successful season.  :D 

I think we picked him off 4 times, which led him to say something about how much he hated playing the Bills at home because they were so tough there.  Only respect we got that year, but it came from the best QB playing.

350298[/snapback]

I was at that game and remember it well. Janik returned one of the Int's for a 100 yard TD.

I was in high school during that stretch.  They won 8 games in 3 years.  Man, did I have to hear about it from my classmates.

350337[/snapback]

Me too. I got to college in the fall of '87 immediately following the 8-win three-year stretch. My roommates gave me so much stojan. By the next year they weren't laughing anymore.

I could care less what E$PN, a former sports station that has moved into the bad comedy/propping up bad people business, thinks about any of my teams, let them say what they want, in my eyes they are fools and I value nothing those punks say on that station.

Why do you need validation from the national talking heads?    Who cares what ESPN or CBS Sportsline or any of those national mediots think? 

350310[/snapback]

Exactly. People that get upset by things like this are too insecure with their own opinions.

I was at that game and remember it well. Janik returned one of the Int's for a 100 yard TD.

350343[/snapback]

That was my 2nd game ever. The first was 2 weeks before, when we lost 48-6 to the Raiders. I couldn't believe we won that day. Namath threw 4 INT's, 3 were returned for TD's. Incredible.

Why do you need validation from the national talking heads?    Who cares what ESPN or CBS Sportsline or any of those national mediots think? 

You guys love your team, you're proud of your team and each and every week you root for your team.

Screw them, they'll only hop on board once the bandwagon has departed championship station on track 9.

350310[/snapback]

Hey, this was my attempt at, uh, umm.... irony! :D

The 1971 team could have been beaten by USC, Notre Dame and Ohio St.  They were just dreadful. The '84 and '85 teams were pretty bad, agreed.

350245[/snapback]

I remember the 1971 team as being one of the worst teams ever.

OJ was lost early in the season with a knee injury...returning a kickoff of

all things.

Their star 1st round draft choice JD Hill was also injured.

The head coach was Harvey Johnson. A real nice scouting guy....NEVER

should have been a head coach.

The team of course was still playing in the rockpile. And everyone should remember that bad football being played in the rockpile.... was a disaster.

Went to one of the final home games that year against the Pats.

The Patriots were almost as bad as the Bills, so we expected a pretty horrible

game. JD Hill was just coming off his knee injury, and tore up the Patriots for

2 TD's. One score was on a long bomb from Dennis Shaw. As the game wore on we were not very confident, but Jim Plunkett was just horrible. The Bills held on to win their only game of the season on that cold November afternoon. I remember

the fans in our end zone section chanting "we're number five" as the game drew to a close.

I remember the 1971 team as being one of the worst teams ever.

OJ was lost early in the season with a knee injury...returning a kickoff of

all things.

Their star 1st round draft choice JD Hill was also injured.

The head coach was Harvey Johnson. A real nice scouting guy....NEVER

should have been a head coach.

The team of course was still playing in the rockpile. And everyone should remember that bad football being played in the rockpile.... was a disaster.

Went to one of the final home games that year against the Pats.

The Patriots were almost as bad as the Bills, so we expected a pretty horrible

game. JD Hill was just coming off his knee injury, and tore up the Patriots for

2 TD's. One score was on a long bomb from Dennis Shaw. As the game wore on we were not very confident, but Jim Plunkett was just horrible. The Bills held on to win their only game of the season on that cold November afternoon. I remember

the fans in our end zone section chanting "we're number five" as the game drew to a close.

350556[/snapback]

Yup. Remeber that well. Just think, it qualified the Bills for the #1 pick in the 1972

draft, which gave us the privilege of selecting Walt Patulski. :D