Kudos to Shaquille O'Neal....

during his post game interview that he heard George Mikan's family was struggling to pay for the funeral, and if they called the Miami Heat front office, that he would like to personally pay for the funeral himself.

Shaq deflected the first question about the game, and then made Craig Sager essentially talk about George Mikan. Shaq thanked Mikan for paving the way for him, and said paying for the funeral would be the least he could do.

I like Shaq!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

during his post game interview that he heard George Mikan's family was struggling to pay for the funeral, and if they called the Miami Heat front office, that he would like to personally pay for the funeral himself.

Shaq deflected the first question about the game, and then made Craig Sager essentially talk about George Mikan.  Shaq thanked Mikan for paving the way for him, and said paying for the funeral would be the least he could do.

I like Shaq!

350167[/snapback]

I always said that he is someone who I would definetly love to meet and be friends with.

I've always been a fan of Shaq. Classy guy.

Dont you know Shaq was just holding Kobe back in LA?  Shaq is the bad guy!   :doh:

Shaq is indeed one cool dude.

350169[/snapback]

Wasn't it Shaq's fault that Kobe went out and raped some chick :) ??

Shaq is Da Man!!

Shaq deflected the first question about the game, and then made Craig Sager essentially talk about George Mikan.  Shaq thanked Mikan for paving the way for him, and said paying for the funeral would be the least he could do.

I like Shaq!

350167[/snapback]

Shaq has always surprised me in that, considering he's pretty much been spoiled rotten for half his life because he's big and can rebound, he's still got his head screwed on pretty well. I'm sure he's not perfect and has made more than his share of bad judgements, but most guys in his position wouldn't even come close to being as decent a human being as he is.

Shaq has always surprised me in that, considering he's pretty much been spoiled rotten for half his life because he's big and can rebound, he's still got his head screwed on pretty well.  I'm sure he's not perfect and has made more than his share of bad judgements, but most guys in his position wouldn't even come close to being as decent a human being as he is.

350185[/snapback]

I don't think he's ever been spoiled. His dad is an Army SrNCO who brought his boy up right.

I'm no fan of his game- he's hardly a basketball player. But he's been the most dominant force in the game for many years and the Laker Titles of recent were on his back. He's also in a lot of ways funny since he's a good interview and he seems to be a pretty good guy too. Jerry Buss is a clown who began to believe he understood basketball- no more Jerry West and no more Laker titles. Kobe- the gunner you hated to play with as a kid, will remain a loser unless he's traded to a winning franchise or by some deal with the devil a guy like Duncan comes to LA as a FA.

I like Shaq!

350167[/snapback]

Me too. I originally didn't think much of him, but my respect for him has grown over the years. Especially after last year with Kobe spouting off and selfish play. Shaq is definitely a team player who elevates those around him like the other greats do.

Wow, what an incredibly generous statement from Shaq.  How refreshing to see perhaps the game's most recognizable face make such an offer.

350186[/snapback]

Shaq bought the police new police cars were damaged after the riots around the championship.

Shaq has always surprised me in that, considering he's pretty much been spoiled rotten for half his life because he's big and can rebound, he's still got his head screwed on pretty well.  I'm sure he's not perfect and has made more than his share of bad judgements, but most guys in his position wouldn't even come close to being as decent a human being as he is.

350185[/snapback]

I'm guessing that growing up with an Army Drill Sergeant as a stepfather has something to do with Shaq acting right. It's all about upbringing.

Don't like him, but definately a class move and I'm glad the Heat destroyed Detroit.  Saturday night I hope they put the hammer down for good on those punks.

350178[/snapback]

actually, the punks (i.e., pacers) were already put down.

what a surprise that you don't respect or like shaq. i wouldn't expect you to "get" him.