1 less kicker

At this point, is there really ANY harm to bringing in Steve Christie to see what he can do in Training Camp?  I mean honestly...at the very worst, he'll just push Lindell.

349960[/snapback]

Have to agree. Christie at 80% is better than the options. He knows the Buffalo winds.

Bills | Pochman Waived - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:26:01 -0700

BuffaloBills.com reports the Buffalo Bills have waived PK Owen Pochman.

349955[/snapback]

Crap, so much for my prediction that Pochman would be out Lindell. Okay, time for a new prediction! Before the season begins, Lindell will join Pochman as someone who has been released by the Bills.

At this point, is there really ANY harm to bringing in Steve Christie to see what he can do in Training Camp?  I mean honestly...at the very worst, he'll just push Lindell.

349960[/snapback]

I agree completely. Unfortunately, I can't see Christie coming back here considering how he was treated before he left.

Payne was a better punter than kicker.

On the other hand, Gil Brant picked Joe Rheem to be the #4 placekicker behind Nugent (Jets), Rayner (Colts), and Nichols (Vikings).

Kickers

Those rookie kickers would supplant some good ones--Brien (Jets), Gramatica (Colts), and Morton Anderson (Vikings).

Of these, Anderson is too old, Gramatica was 1 for 5 between the 40 and 49 for the Colts, and Brien was 17 for 19 between the 40 and 49 for the Jets in the last 2 years (Lindell was 4 for 10 over the last 2 years).

Have to agree. Christie at 80% is better than the options. He knows the Buffalo winds.

350084[/snapback]

I agree completely. It would be nice to not have to hold my breath and cringe every time we line up to kick a fg from ANYWHERE on the field.... :D

Payne was a better punter than kicker.

On the other hand, Gil Brant picked Joe Rheem to be the #4 placekicker behind Nugent (Jets), Rayner (Colts), and Nichols (Vikings).

Kickers

Those rookie kickers would supplant some good ones--Brien (Jets), Gramatica (Colts), and Morton Anderson (Vikings).

Of these, Anderson is too old, Gramatica was 1 for 5 between the 40 and 49 for the Colts, and Brien was 17 for 19 between the 40 and 49 for the Jets in the last 2 years (Lindell was 4 for 10 over the last 2 years).

350099[/snapback]

just say no to any K named gramatica. those guys are an embarrassment. watching a K jump into his holder's arms after making a PAT is just too much for me to handle.

I agree completely.  It would be nice to not have to hold my breath and cringe every time we line up to kick a fg from ANYWHERE on the field.... :D

350336[/snapback]

Hey now, I can safely say that I feel comfortable with Lindell kicking anywhere from our opponent's 5 yard line...or closer...

Hey now, I can safely say that I feel comfortable with Lindell kicking anywhere from our opponent's 5 yard line...or closer...

350352[/snapback]

I don't get all the hate for Lindell. He is not great, but I don't, think he is as bad as most of you do either.