Questions regarding the game in Pittsburgh?

cobbpaul

Hi going to the game.Thinking of parking across the river and taking the ferry to the stadium has anyone done this? Also is there a light rail that drops you off at the stadium? Bills backer bar near there also. Thanks

• Simon changed the title to Questions regarding the game in Pittsburgh?

Pittsburgh resident here...don't do the ferry.  You can definitely take the "t" (underground train) to the Heinz field stop though.  If you catch it downtown (Grant, Wood, or Gateway), then it's free to Heinz.  

I'm not aware of a Bills backer bar near downtown, closest is probably in Shadyside (Marios).  Plenty of bar options downtown though, or right beside the stadium.  

Go Bills, should be plenty of Mafia attending 😁

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

@MasterStrategist

It's been about 20 years, but I thought the Riverboat to the game was awesome! They had live music, drinks, snacks. It took about a half hour cruise around Point Park. Dropped us off outside right field for the Pirates game. Very  nice return at night to see the city lit up too.  Did something change?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PonyBoy said:

@MasterStrategist

It's been about 20 years, but I thought the Riverboat to the game was awesome! They had live music, drinks, snacks. It took about a half hour cruise around Point Park. Dropped us off outside right field for the Pirates game. Very  nice return at night to see the city lit up too.  Did something change?

Hey! Sorry, I should have said its just my personal preference not to take the ferry/cruise options. Nothing changed that I'm aware of, and agree its a cool/unique way to see the city/etc. at night.

I'd just rather tailgate/hit the local bars before the game.  I've done the cruise a few times, the last time was about 7 years back and poor experience (LONG wait time after game/obnoxious fans), but that can happen anywhere/anytime, not an indictment on the cruise option.  

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, cobbpaul said:

Hi going to the game.Thinking of parking across the river and taking the ferry to the stadium has anyone done this? Also is there a light rail that drops you off at the stadium? Bills backer bar near there also. Thanks

I would just park downtown and walk across the bridges to the stadium. About a 20 minute walk. 

Light rail get pretty packed on game days, so would avoid it. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, cobbpaul said:

as someone else mentioned, been a LONG time since I have done the boat, but it was a fun experience. 

Having said that, the last time i was there was the Sunday nighter a few years back when the Bills clinched. We did the bars right near there for dinner , ( as it was cold we stashed some beers outside, and then joined @Heitz and his crew in the lot. He may have some better info.

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I would just park downtown and walk across the bridges to the stadium. About a 20 minute walk. 

Light rail get pretty packed on game days, so would avoid it. 

we were staying downtown so took uber to bars as did not want to sweat...but walked back after game and like you said 20-25 minutes  walk from stadium

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

as someone else mentioned, been a LONG time since I have done the boat, but it was a fun experience. 

Having said that, the last time i was there was the Sunday nighter a few years back when the Bills clinched. We did the bars right near there for dinner , ( as it was cold we stashed some beers outside, and then joined @Heitz and his crew in the lot. He may have some better info.

we were staying downtown so took uber to bars as did not want to sweat...but walked back after game and like you said 20-25 minutes  walk from stadium

Good times, that game, goooood times! :D :D

We parked at one of the lots RIGHT next to the stadium in the Gold 1 lot, but my Pittsburgh friends arranged all of that.  The bars across from there, Tequila Cowboy, Voodoo Brewing, etc. were all jumping before and after the game, but we just posted up and grilled right in the lot (sort of like a Bills tailgate but for like 4 less hours and much more contained). :beer: 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.