Henry could be heating up in Buffalo

Frez

Jaguars | Remain Concerned with F. Taylor - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:55:46 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars remain concerned with the condition of RB Fred Taylor's (knee) surgically repaired knee. They are so concerned they have been looking for a veteran replacement running back. If Taylor can't go, unproven backup RB LaBrandon Toefield would be the team's featured back. More and more, it looks like the Jaguars will be adding another veteran back to their roster. They could make a move for a running back such as RB Travis Henry or RB Eddie George.

Titans | Offered a Fourth-round Pick for Henry - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:53:18 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports Tennessee Titans offered the Buffalo Bills a fourth-round draft pick in exchange for RB Travis Henry and the Bills said no thanks. The Bills are sticking by their guns, no third-round pick, and no deal.

Bills | No Budging on Henry Price - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:47:03 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports the Buffalo Bills refuse to drop their asking price for RB Travis Henry. If a team wants to make a trade for Henry it will still cost them a third-round draft pick. It is the reason no deal has gotten done so far.

I really don't get why these teams are afraid to pull the trigger. Henry is a solid if unspectacular player. If I needed a solid RB or even a good insurance policy I'd spend a 3rd in a second to bring in a proven vet like that. But I guess that's why I'm not an NFL GM.

They moved from a 5th to a 4th.  I don't see the harm in waiting at this point.  It will be a day of "I told you sos" if TD can get a 3rd from some team.

349304[/snapback]

I heard Steve Tasker on ESPN Radio this morning (Colin Heard show, I think!) already kind of second guessing TD's handling of the Henry situation. Not that Tasker knows anything more than the rest of us...just sayin'

I really don't get why these teams are afraid to pull the trigger.  Henry is a solid if unspectacular player.  If I needed a solid RB or even a good insurance policy I'd spend a 3rd in a second to bring in a proven vet like that.  But I guess that's why I'm not an NFL GM.

349319[/snapback]

i agree

I agree, Cory Dillon went for a 2nd, Lamar Gorden went to the fins for a second, I think that is the price TD is looking for, if not, then conditionally at least.

349360[/snapback]

Miami gave up a 3rd for Gordon. This is part of the reason TD is absolutely correct in waiting for the right price. I would ask Tennessee to change it to a cond pick with it being a guaranteed 4th but go as high as a 2nd based on Henry's production

Miami gave up a 3rd for Gordon. This is part of the reason TD is absolutely correct in waiting for the right price. I would ask Tennessee to change it to a cond pick with it being a guaranteed 4th but go as high as a 2nd based on Henry's production

I'd say guaranteed 3rd with it going to as high as a 1st based on production. Of course the 1st rounder would require he rush for 1,500 yards or something like that, in which case I think it would be reasonable to expect a 1st rounder.

I'd say guaranteed 3rd with it going to as high as a 1st based on production.  Of course the 1st rounder would require he rush for 1,500 yards or something like that, in which case I think it would be reasonable to expect a 1st rounder.

349432[/snapback]

I think he'd be benched at about 1425 yards! :lol:

And what if that team is the Bills?

349478[/snapback]

i dont think henry will be back with the bills. all this talk of him being back in buffalo is simply our attempt to raise his trade value. otherwise teams would just wait for us to cut him.

I really don't get why these teams are afraid to pull the trigger.  Henry is a solid if unspectacular player.  If I needed a solid RB or even a good insurance policy I'd spend a 3rd in a second to bring in a proven vet like that.  But I guess that's why I'm not an NFL GM.

349319[/snapback]

I think the biggest question mark is Henry's agent wanting to sign a big

contract extension with big upfront money. Teams don't want to pay that

to a guy who has pretty much been out of football for the last 10 months.

349373[/snapback]

hell bells...the Bills gave a freakin' first rounder for Rob Johnson who only happened to turn out to be Fred Taylor. :lol:

i think Ralph has a gun to TD's head and is telling him send him to the Jags and don't take anything less than a 2nd. (although...i don't see them getting anything more than a 3rd.)

hell bells...the Bills gave a freakin' first rounder for Rob Johnson who only happened to turn out to be Fred Taylor.  :lol:

i think Ralph has a gun to TD's head and is telling him send him to the Jags and don't take anything less than a 2nd.  (although...i don't see them getting anything more than a 3rd.)

349615[/snapback]

actually we gave up a 1st (Taylor) AND a 4th (RB Tavian Banks) for RJ.