Anyone involved with geriatric care?

Another Fan

I retired at 62 ( Jan 2019) so I could become  my mother's primary caregiver and help from my sister who came every other evening  and my brother ywho was also there after work every day.  We also paid my brother's friend. She cane every morning to wash and dress her (1-2 hrs and  8 hrs twice a week to give me some time away from the pressure. She steadily got worse until  she died from dementia in Sept 2021 at 95. She died at home in her own bed like she wanted.

• Like (+1) 1

My wife is a trained geriatric social worker though now she deals with office/clerical end of the program for a doctor's office.  

Myself, I install wandering systems, to keep people in lock down that should not be getting out, and nurse call systems.  

• Like (+1) 1

Dad lived to a few days shy of 101, mom until a few weeks short of 102 (would have made it if she hadn't broken her hip, maybe even 103, she was in pretty good shape until then. Dad not so much. ) Anyways both died at the family home, which was pretty much a nursing home the last 6 years, complete with a hoyer lift, hospital bed, 7 aides and 5 nurses. No more than 2 at any time, usually 1. Often I was the one. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.