James Cook is slow...

Dopey

On 7/20/2023 at 2:01 PM, BuffaloBill said:

I love the idea of Cook and Kincaid both being on the field. It’s a very dangerous combination potentially.

It really is.  There’s a lot of talk about Josh allen not having enough playmakers in the pass game. There was a lot of truth to that last year.  The guys that we were counting on didn’t come through and it cost us.

Cook and Kincaid are the keys to changing that narrative this season and the future.  I really feel that their development will eventually determine our fate.  Will cook take his game to a level or two above motor?  Will he become the dangerous pass catching back that we had envisioned?  Will Kincaid become that safety valve  slot/3rd down/red zone dominator that some of us think we have?  If they can realize their projected ceiling I think our offense will be in good shape.

Ken Dorsey - please take your game to the next level to assist with their ascent

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Probably not me. I'm a big fan, but I don't believe he's a lead back in the NFL and is being grossly misused by this staff. I'd deploy him like KC does McKinnon.

Fair enough. I think he may have more lead back potential, but either way, I agree that the running game needs to be more coherently woven into an overall strategy. I didn't see that last year, in any event. I also didn't see much use of Cook's receiving ability. What he can do is not just take a quick swing pass out of the backfield. He can actually track the ball on longer routes and for whatever reason that didn't show up in Dorsey's game plans.

Thanks for posting! When you see his abilities put together like this:
I love him being the underneath outlet receiver ( Beasley role)

also the outside run / jet sweep guy ( McKenzie role)

and as an inside runner his vision at the line, finding holes / reading blocks much better than guys running into the rear end of OLinemen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.