The Playcallers - A podcast that you need to hear

ChevyVanMiller

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It’s not as good as I’d thought.  Only heard episode 2 I thought someone said that was the best one.   

Thought I would hear Shanny and McVay talk ball but it’s mostly a rehash of their stories and eventual hires as HC.  Didn’t need to hear about how Shanny got the Falcons to a Super Bowl.  I didn’t learn anything new.  “They know offense.  McVay said they’d have used more 2 TE but Cooper Kupp needed to be on the field.  Let’s still run 12 personnel looks/plays out of our actual 11 personnel players.” 

Shanny explained why he blew that 28-3 lead with the worst excuse of all time.  “I’m aggressive by nature.”  That’s awesome Shanny.  Situation called for you to not be - long term be aggressive overall especially if it’s a 1 or 2 score game…..but with 17 minutes left up by 25 use your brain and not put Matt Ryan in position to get sacked out of FG range and to not kill clock.  

Also the host is annoying.  

The only interesting thing I got was if not for a snowstorm, McVay may have never been hired by the Rams.   

Great point about Shanny blowing the big lead in the SB. That extended brain fart makes McD’s 13 seconds look like genius. While smarter is desirable, I don’t care if a football coach has a high IQ or not as it’s just football and it’s really not so complicated that it requires super high intelligence to scheme it up and succeed. On either side of the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

On 7/18/2023 at 9:05 PM, K-9 said:

Great point about Shanny blowing the big lead in the SB. That extended brain fart makes McD’s 13 seconds look like genius. While smarter is desirable, I don’t care if a football coach has a high IQ or not as it’s just football and it’s really not so complicated that it requires super high intelligence to scheme it up and succeed. On either side of the ball. 

Smarter always = better, in any form of competition.

• Disagree 1

36 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Smarter always = better, in any form of competition.

As I said, smarter is desirable but the key is knowledge. Too many people nowadays conflate the two concepts. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.