One Question For Each Team

corta765

22 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wonder why the media isn’t putting the pressure on the 49ers like they are the Bills 

Because the media knows they don't have a star QB. 

All the great QBs are in the AFC now except Dak. 

The media will beat the drum of these mathcups between Allen, Rodgers, Burrow, Mahommes, Herbert, Lawrence, and even Wilson not to mention a few other great offenses like Miami.

I think one narrative that will be interesting to see is how these ultra competitive divisions like AFC East, West, and even the North to some degree play out. There is no easy out in any of those divisions. Browns or Steelets might be the worst teams and they both have talent. Denver has a new HC and should be more competitive than they were under the moron they had last year. Pats may have the worst QB situation but they still have BB. 

32 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Because the media knows they don't have a star QB. 

All the great QBs are in the AFC now except Dak. 

The media will beat the drum of these mathcups between Allen, Rodgers, Burrow, Mahommes, Herbert, Lawrence, and even Wilson not to mention a few other great offenses like Miami.

I think one narrative that will be interesting to see is how these ultra competitive divisions like AFC East, West, and even the North to some degree play out. There is no easy out in any of those divisions. Browns or Steelets might be the worst teams and they both have talent. Denver has a new HC and should be more competitive than they were under the moron they had last year. Pats may have the worst QB situation but they still have BB. 

Isn’t that a Shanahan failure?

3 hours ago, corta765 said:

Sam Monson of PFF was on WGR yesterday and talked about this. He spoke how Kelce goes to a place on the field but the route he takes intentionally draws the defender away so by the time he is there it opens more space. He said with Kincaid he already does this and IF Buffalo uses him as a catcher not blocker his production could be far more then the normal TE.

Again this also is relying on Dorsey taking a step as an OC, but it was encouraging to hear. If you want to listen to his piece it was at 5pm yesterday with Bulldog, quite good analysis.

Agreed. Although I am a little surprised Shanahan gets such a pass with the SB losses where he directly was responsible for play calls that cost ATL and SF. I get he is a wonderkid to many, but I personally think McVay is better.

Oh I agree the potential is enormous for Kincaid. I'd just slow down with the Kelce comparasions.

Kincaid has to prove it a NFL field. Also, it's not a ringing endorsement to have Dorsey as your OC. 

In short, I'll have to see it to believe it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/11/2023 at 1:20 PM, Marcus Aurelius said:

Looooove this little smidgen of negativity  .... KC:

"What does the Chiefs passing attack look like? Kelce is 34 and injuries have started creeping up, after that is a lot of promise but no true #1 target. Juju Smith last year would've hit 1000 yds if he didn't miss a game played, right now the Chiefs have more questions then answers."

OH PLEASE MAKE IT SO

PLEEEEEEASE 

Well, Kelce posted his 2nd best season yardage wise and best TD wise last year, so I wouldn't expect a major dropoff this season.  

Also, speed is not the primary reason why he's good.  

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I understand what you are saying, and last year your comments would certainly have been appropriate, but look at the year before!  We humiliated NE in perhaps one of BB's worst playoff defeats (has to be NO. 1 the more I think about it) and then BEAT the Chiefs in their building to go to the AFC Championship Game....only for our coaching staff to gift the victory back to KC.  Very nice of them.

We have been inconsistent in the playoffs.  The year we beat Baltimore and Indy we looked pretty good too, though we obviously haven't gotten far enough.

This year will be a big test IMO.  It's been long enough now that another single win and then OUT in the playoffs should have some people wondering if this group of coaches is going to get it done...or if their plan is working...like completely ignoring Josh's weapons, prioritizing D, and band-aiding the OL.

You said it all right there with the coaching staff gifting the Chiefs their victory. Before that the playoff success was tepid at best. Afterwards, the coaching mistakes during playoff time have been clear and concise. 

Do we really need to see more of this coaching group? 

On 7/12/2023 at 9:25 AM, Don Otreply said:

I do enjoy reading about NE’s plunge to the bottom, makes me feel happy, 

NE- Can the Cheaters HC stir enough straw into the mud provided by Cheaters GM to make bricks or will Cheaters owner be forced to fire the GM and hire a GM that Cheaters HC will be willing to work with?

Liar-Liar.png

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.