Dalton Kincaid, and the perfect nickname.

The Firebaugh Kid

On 4/28/2023 at 10:30 AM, The Firebaugh Kid said:

To honor "Dalton" (aka Patrick Swayze) from Road House, the "cooler" who was hired to clean up the Double Douche and rid a small midwestern town of the evil influence of miserable drunk tycoon Brad Wesley, I personally declare from this day forth that Dalton Kincaid's nickname shall be "The Cooler". 

Dalton.jpg

jesus that’s f*ing cringe. 

nicknames aren’t ever the result of fan crowdsourcing. Please leave this type of stuff inside your own mind. He’ll earn a nickname amongst his new teammates and then we’ll just all go with that one. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/28/2023 at 11:08 AM, Freddie's Dead said:

Dalton "Rueben" Kincaid (I called it last night)

part8.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=2e58e008b8478c6

Yes the “Partridge Family” Television Show fictional character manager that is who I thought of with the last name Kincaid when the Buffalo Bills drafted Tight End Dalton Kincaid. Hopefully Dalton Kincaid doesn’t play like Reuben Kincaid was my actual thought at the time of the Bills pick. But I wonder how many Buffalo Bills fans today would even have heard of that 1970’s television show in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

jesus that’s f*ing cringe. 

nicknames aren’t ever the result of fan crowdsourcing. Please leave this type of stuff inside your own mind. He’ll earn a nickname amongst his new teammates and then we’ll just all go with that one. 

What about the “Electric Company” that was Buffalo Bills fans not the player? What about the “Bermuda Triangle”? As for the players sometimes the player’s nicknames sometimes aren’t good Millsie for Ryan Miller or Patty for Pat LaFontaine or Rick Jeanneret nickname La la la LaFontaine. Or Fol la

la LaFontaine during holiday season. Wow wie Housley for Phil Housley or the French Connection was fans nicknamed not the players or the team if I recall. Relax Buffalo fans are just having fun it’s no big deal in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by I am leaving for good

17 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

What about the “Electric Company” that was Buffalo Bills fans not the player? What about the “Bermuda Triangle”? As for the players sometimes the player’s nicknames suck Millsie for Ryan Miller or Patty for Pat LaFontaine or Rick Jeanneret nickname La la la LaFontaine. Or Fol la

la LaFontaine during holiday season. Wow wie Housley for Phil Housley or the French Connection was fans nicknamed not the players or the team if I recall. Relax Buffalo fans are just having fun it’s no big deal in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Sometimes nicknames do come from the fans or the media, but they're invariably the result of play on the field.  The "Electric Company" was after the OL powered OJ Simpson to multiple NFL rushing records.  It would have been cringe AF (IMHO) if fans started making up nicknames before Simpson so much as set foot on the field or during his first 3 years, when he wasn't featured as an RB and was barely rushing for 600 yds a season.   

The "Bermuda Triangle" nickname was coined by a Buffalo News sportswriter after he started watching RB yards disappear at the hands of Smerlas Nelson and Haslett.  Again, the point being - not who coined the nickname, but the fact that it emerged AFTER watching results on the field, not before these guys even laced up their cleats

It's not a huge deal, but trying to create a catchy nickname sometimes fizzles, like when folks here were saying we had the best DL in the league (on paper) in 2012 before they played a snap, and Wannstache had them playing like wet tissue paper, pathetic.

I expect I'm not the only fan who's a bit superstitious - "just a little stitious" as Josh has said - about jinxing  the season by crafting a cool nickname in advance of the guy's play.

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.