On Running Backs

Big Blitz

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Our opinions on QB's are meaningless to the NFL which obviously did not rate Mahomes as highly coming out. Believe it or not I was one of thousands that did not want to draft Josh Allen at any point in the draft. 

I can’t admit happily that I was wrong about Josh myself I hated him coming out of Wyoming. There might not ever be another QB that developed like him again. 

If I remember correctly most of the Bills mafia wanted Rosen . 😳 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I can’t admit happily that I was wrong about Josh myself I hated him coming out of Wyoming. There might not ever be another QB that developed like him again. 

If I remember correctly most of the Bills mafia wanted Rosen . 😳 

The development and what to look for in QB's is changing it seems. I don't have the data but more and more it feels like you want a QB that has been seriously challenged at the college level. Guys that had to overcome adversity just to get on the playing field. Guys that when they were on the playing field, did not always have the best offensive talent around them.

Even Joe Burrow had transfer and keep working to get playing time. Same thing with Jalen Hurts. But both those guys played with really good talent. Then you have Allen who was denied FBS offers out of high school and had to play at the JuCo level. Plus, on top of that, once he got to Wyoming he was on a less talented team compared to his competition most Saturday's. 

It's like a QB's negative circumstances they have to overcome combined with their physical gifts is more important than their raw stats and efficiency in college. 

I would be extremely weary of drafting a Bryce Young or CJ Stroud in this draft. I would take one of Richardson or Levis to end up being the best QB out of the draft. 

2 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

How quickly we forget who they had for all but last year:

tyreek-hill-chiefs.gif

Didn’t they just win it all without Tyreek? Don’t get me wrong I love Josh but I was just referencing to the poster that critiqued the Giants pick of Barkley instead of Allen. Not that I agree with what they did but u can’t mention that without mentioning what the Bills did by trading Mahomes the year before. 

On 4/23/2023 at 9:21 AM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Plural bud they don’t even have a Gabe Davis on there team. Don’t tell me MVS or the ghost of Juju either. 

Gabe Davis and MVS are about as close of a player comp as you will find at the position.    MVS is faster but they are both roughly 50% catch rate guys good for 17 yards per reception.    Both prone to big games then bad games.   MVS lead the Chiefs in receiving in the AFCCG win over Cinci.  

The question for the Chiefs is whether Toney and Moore play up to their 2021 1st and 2022 2nd round draft pick pedigree if the Chiefs don't decide to add to their WR corps.

But their WR1 is really Kelce and he's more reliably effective when needed than Diggs.   Diggs can be erased from a gameplan as an outside receiver.........the Chiefs have done it to him.  Kelce can't be stopped you can only hope to contain him.    So the Chiefs receiving corps starts with a more reliable foundation.   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.