Anyone with knowledge/experience with CBD as pain relief for senior? PM please

Beck Water

19 hours ago, teef said:

the place by me sells a black looking extract that comes in a small syringe.  when i asked what it was, (i don't remember what they called it) they let me know it's a popular product for pain control, and one guy buys a few weekly.  Put it in his coffee, and apparently it helps greatly.  thc product.

Sounds like a tincture or RSO. My friend's dad had cancer and used tinctures a lot. Said it helped with the pain. 

I'm not elderly but have chronic pain and multiple disabilities. I use some form of THC/CBD daily. Its much better than pain pills. Some can get me to a point where I'm almost normal. Just be careful with THC if they're not used to it esp in edibles. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

• 7 months later...

I have a torn meniscus.  I bought a 4oz jar of CBD about the size of a Noxzema jar's worth.  It was very expensive ~$130.  I have been trying it for over a month and frankly it doesn't work.  I noticed no relief.  I asked my Dr about it and he said it works on cats and dogs but not humans.  He said buy the real thing from "Wille Nelson's Place".  

I also agree with @Not at the table Karlosabout the THC edibles.  It seems to me that they are not very well regulated.  Some don't do anything.  The others make you comatose.  Be careful.   

Edited by Irv

21 hours ago, Irv said:

I have a torn meniscus.  I bought a 4oz jar of CBD about the size of a Noxzema jar's worth.  It was very expensive ~$130.  I have been trying it for over a month and frankly it doesn't work.  I noticed no relief.  I asked my Dr about it and he said it works on cats and dogs but not humans.  He said buy the real thing from "Wille Nelson's Place".  

I also agree with @Not at the table Karlosabout the THC edibles.  It seems to me that they are not very well regulated.  Some don't do anything.  The others make you comatose.  Be careful.   

There have been studies that show CBD without THC isn't really effective.

The edibles I couldn't agree more with.  In fact after being a daily smoker for a long time, a bad edible changed my life lol.  It may not be as popular but the delta 8 works really well for me.  It's legal literally everywhere and you can have it shipped to your house.  It has the calming effectives without the strong head buzz.  

• Like (+1) 1

I completely understand your concern about seeking advice on CBD as a pain relief option for a senior. It's important to gather as much information as possible to make the best decision for their well-being.You might consider reaching out to local dispensaries or online communities where people share their experiences with CBD for pain relief in seniors. Additionally, you can check out more information and resources on CBD products and their potential benefits at this link: releaf.co.uk. From my point of view, it's a valuable source that might provide you with insights and recommendations regarding CBD for pain relief in seniors.

Edited by FinnAnderson

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.