Austin Ekeler asks for a trade. UPDATE: Granted permission

Alphadawg7

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its mind blowing how many people here keep regurgitating nonsense as rumor.  A few were legitimately fooled by fake accounts posting fake info, but most see any dumb tweet as a rumor.

It really is. 

people whining about rumors…. 

you can’t make this stuff up

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Nice player, not sure how he fits on the Bills. 

RB1-  He’ll catch passes.  He’ll get first downs.  He’ll score TDs.  He’s a good short yardage back.  He’s a bad man.  

James Cook will be his backup and hopefully play some slot-wing. Hopefully taking some of Mckenzies plays. 

Hines- returner - gadgets- RB3 

he fits just fine….. minus the salary 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

RB1-  He’ll catch passes.  He’ll get first downs.  He’ll score TDs.  He’s a good short yardage back.  He’s a bad man.  

James Cook will be his backup and hopefully play some slot-wing. Hopefully taking some of Mckenzies plays. 

He's basically RB1 & WR2.     900 + rush 13 tds.  100+ receptions 5 tds 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He's basically RB1 & WR2.     900 + rush 13 tds.  100+ receptions 5 tds 

Yeah- the only problem would be our QB (and OC) getting him the ball in the pass game.  

if we can’t- he’s not worth the $ or trading of a pick

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

Yeah- the only problem would be our QB (and OC) getting him the ball in the pass game.  

Ugh agreed. The Bills aren't aware there is a screen play.  If they did it....would certainly hope they could figure out how to use him

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree with this, however, the two lingering questions for me is how effective can he be in the bad weather in Buffalo and what is the money he is seeking that is making LAC make him available in the first place.  

Speed and agility gets neutralized to a degree in those snowy or wet games.  We really struggled with chewing clock, extending drives, short yardage, redzone, and bad weather games when it came to running the ball.  We can't just keep relying on Allen to take the physical pounding to shoulder the majority of that load.  

So while Ekeler would be a major weapon for sure for this offense, I would still be concerned we won't be physical enough of a team.  And I watched a lot of Chargers games here, their lack of physicality hurt them frequently, and they didn't even have the cold weather issue.    

With our bad weather, I would only be concerned about remaining too much of a high octane finesse team.  Don't get me wrong, Ekeler in this offense would be an exciting add I would not complain about.  But I would be lying if I said I wouldn't still be worried about being too much of a high octane finesse team while playing in a stadium at home whose weather often neutralizes those aspects of a team.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, NewEra said:

man’s if we can’t- he’s not worth the $ or trading of a pick

My concern as well.  Cook’s speciality out of college was as a pass catcher and he hardly got any targets.  Same can be said for Hines.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree with this, however, the two lingering questions for me is how effective can he be in the bad weather in Buffalo and what is the money he is seeking that is making LAC make him available in the first place.  

Speed and agility gets neutralized to a degree in those snowy or wet games.  We really struggled with chewing clock, extending drives, short yardage, redzone, and bad weather games when it came to running the ball.  We can't just keep relying on Allen to take the physical pounding to shoulder the majority of that load.  

So while Ekeler would be a major weapon for sure for this offense, I would still be concerned we won't be physical enough of a team.  And I watched a lot of Chargers games here, their lack of physicality hurt them frequently, and they didn't even have the cold weather issue.    

With our bad weather, I would only be concerned about remaining too much of a high octane finesse team.  Don't get me wrong, Ekeler in this offense would be an exciting add I would not complain about.  But I would be lying if I said I wouldn't still be worried about being too much of a high octane finesse team while playing in a stadium at home whose weather often neutralizes those aspects of a team.  

I’m not saying I want him.  I’m just saying that he fits just fine.  I think we should allocate the the money we’d have to pay him and the draft picks to trade for him into the OL and WR.  But if we traded for him, I’d be excited to watch him play for us while we try and win super bowls.  While be subject to the whining and crying of the sadness brigade: “Beane didn’t do what I want!”,   “Cancel Beane now”!!! 

He’s a great player and would definitely be a great asset for our offense.  Especially if Dorsey could find a way to use cook and ekeler in the lineup at the same time.  

• Agree 1

I’m not saying I want him.  I’m just saying that he fits just fine.  I think we should allocate the the money we’d have to pay him and the draft picks to trade for him into the OL and WR.  But if we traded for him, I’d be excited to watch him play for us while we try and win super bowls.  While be subject to the whining and crying of the sadness brigade: “Beane didn’t do what I want!”,   “Cancel Beane now”!!! 

He’s a great player and would definitely be a great asset for our offense.  Especially if Dorsey could find a way to use cook and ekeler in the lineup at the same time.  

Agree, but I don't trust Dorsey to use him enough to validate his expense.  And I still worry about us not being physical enough in moving the chains, the redzone, and bad weather.

I would much rather spend the money like you said on OL and WR and then get a guy like Jamaal Williams to compliment Cook and Hines.  That being said, I would still be quite excited about Ekeler if we got him, he is a dynamic player.  Just think spreading the money elsewhere and getting a physical back to compliment our guys here already moves the needle more overall for this team.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.