Left Tackle

Who do we get to play Tackle?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we get to play Tackle?

• Kyle Turley
    • Todd Steussie
    • God damn! I'd rather go with Gandy then those clowns!

The LT position has been conversed in depth forever now!

With the Bills showing ZERO interest in L.J. Shelton, there's only two other Tackles we know that will be cut. But they're problematic at best.

I don't see anymore Tackles who are better than what we already have being cut besides those two. So who would you go with?

If you would go with either, under what conditions would you bring them in? Or who else do you see possibly getting cut?

The LT position has been conversed in depth forever now!

With the Bills showing ZERO interest in L.J. Shelton, there's only two other Tackles we know that will be cut. But they're problematic at best.

I don't see anymore Tackles who are better than what we already have being cut besides those two. So who would you go with?

If you would go with either, under what conditions would you bring them in? Or who else do you see possibly getting cut?

344602[/snapback]

Trey Teague. Here's why.....

1) He has done it before.

2) McNally will help.

3) He would line up next to a HUGE LG.

4) He will be motivated. It is an option year. One good season could bring him Jennings money.

5) The Bills drafted a Center.

The above doesn't make me correct, but it sure makes sense imo.

2) McNally will help.

4) He will be motivated. It is an option year. One good season could bring him Jennings money.

344690[/snapback]

Ccould be, but I'd be a bit concerned about a rookie center snapping to a near-rookie QB.

Ccould be, but I'd be a bit concerned about a rookie center snapping to a near-rookie QB.

344696[/snapback]

So am I SiC but the whole qb thing was not my idea. :blink:

Anyway, as I recall, there were some good rookie centers. Stephenson, Woody...c'mon, help me out! :D

Wasn't there a guy on the Browns as well, or am I zoning out? <_<

So am I SiC but the whole qb thing was not my idea.  :blink:

Anyway, as I recall, there were some good rookie centers. Stephenson, Woody...c'mon, help me out!  :D

Wasn't there a guy on the Browns as well, or am I zoning out?  <_<

344707[/snapback]

Yep - Cincy's Bob Johnson many years ago. IIRC, Pgh's Dermontni Dawson started his rookie year.

Jeff Fain started but got nicked up a bit, and AFAIK he's not happy with the Brownies - who is? :P

344696[/snapback]

This concerns me also, however most on the board seem to think

everything is OK.

TD and McNally must know what they are doing.

I am skeptical as always.

2) McNally will help.

344690[/snapback]

makes a lot of sense, but is totally contingent upon #5. "the duke" has to tear it up in camp for the bills to start him. a rookie C and a 1st-year starter at QB? that's just a tad bit scary.

makes a lot of sense, but is totally contingent upon #5.  "the duke" has to tear it up in camp for the bills to start him.  a rookie C and a 1st-year starter at QB?  that's just a tad bit scary.

344777[/snapback]

beyond scary

2) McNally will help.

344690[/snapback]

Points 1 through 4 could also apply to Gandy. 1) He started exactly as many games for the Bears at LT as Teague did for the Broncos, and more recently. 4) His motivation would be different - to show the Bills they are right and the Bears were wrong - but still strong. 2) and 3) are identical.

Teague was not a great LT with the Broncos. He played in an O line system which covers up individual weaknesses, and Denver barely made a whimper when he left in free agency. He could not win the LT job with the Bills when he came here, either.

He's an option at LT, but only if Gandy and Peters just can't cut it.

Points 1 through 4 could also apply to Gandy. 1) He started exactly as many games for the Bears at LT as Teague did for the Broncos, and more recently. 4) His motivation would be different - to show the Bills they are right and the Bears were wrong - but still strong. 2) and 3) are identical.

Teague was not a great LT with the Broncos. He played in an O line system which covers up individual weaknesses, and Denver barely made a whimper when he left in free agency. He could not win the LT job with the Bills when he came here, either.

He's an option at LT, but only if Gandy and Peters just can't cut it.

345149[/snapback]

And something is just tellin me that Peters may be the diamond in the rough! Some on this board are still giving him a hard time because of wonderlic scores and what not but we really haven't seen him perform yet. He is one player I will keep my eye on during the pre-season for with his athletic ability he could be a solid LT.

One more note: if we don't pursue another LT such as Shelton, I wonder why the Bills don't invite Price back to camp for he has filled in well the past 2 seasons and to tell you the truth I would feel more comfortable with him than any of the other above mentioned players for I have saw his work and while it isn't first class it was definitely adequate.

And something is just tellin me that Peters may be the diamond in the rough! Some on this board are still giving him a hard time because of wonderlic scores and what not but we really haven't seen him perform yet. He is one player I will keep my eye on during the pre-season for with his athletic ability he could be a solid LT.

One more note: if we don't pursue another LT such as Shelton, I wonder why the Bills don't invite Price back to camp for he has filled in well the past 2 seasons and to tell you the truth I would feel more comfortable with him than any of the other above mentioned players for I have saw his work and while it isn't first class it was definitely adequate.

345154[/snapback]

He has no knees left. That's why no other teams are talking to him either. He is done.