17 Inches Intersting Analogy Full of Truth .

T master

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

yes

So there’s your answer then. Like with most of these discussions, it’s not very complicated. Conservatives prefer to leave the plate at seventeen inches and let the players sort the game out. Whereas Liberals prefer to change the plate when players don’t get the results they believe they were promised or deserve. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/16/2023 at 1:02 PM, Tiberius said:

You live in the best country in the world in probably the best time ever to be alive and what do you do? Sit around and cry like a little sh it head. 

Highest gas prices in years, highest inflation in history, most porous southern border in history, out of control Gov't spending, (which all POTUS have done) indecisive decisions when it comes to defense (Chinese balloons Military pull outs) Yep the brilliance makes this POTUS & his term in office the best ever .

I do agree though that we live in the best country in the world because even the most politically ignorant in the world can be elected to office & are allowed to have followers with less than a full deck vote for all those that give away entitlements for the land full of greed & the home of the lazy .

I travel all over the US & in my career of travel which is now 14+ years i have NEVER seen as many tent cities in the major cities that i have traveled to repeatedly . New Orleans, Portland, San Antonio, San Fransisco, LA, NYC, Philly, Miami, & on & on, tent cities & home less every where !

But we all know that is because of what Trump did ain't that right Tibs I'm so glad Joe is on the job to fix all of this ... Yep things are looking up .

On 2/19/2023 at 9:33 AM, T master said:

Highest gas prices in years, highest inflation in history, most porous southern border in history, out of control Gov't spending, (which all POTUS have done) indecisive decisions when it comes to defense (Chinese balloons Military pull outs) Yep the brilliance makes this POTUS & his term in office the best ever .

I do agree though that we live in the best country in the world because even the most politically ignorant in the world can be elected to office & are allowed to have followers with less than a full deck vote for all those that give away entitlements for the land full of greed & the home of the lazy .

I travel all over the US & in my career of travel which is now 14+ years i have NEVER seen as many tent cities in the major cities that i have traveled to repeatedly . New Orleans, Portland, San Antonio, San Fransisco, LA, NYC, Philly, Miami, & on & on, tent cities & home less every where !

But we all know that is because of what Trump did ain't that right Tibs I'm so glad Joe is on the job to fix all of this ... Yep things are looking up .

Yes, the inflation has been bad and Biden is the leader during these tough times for that. Not in anyway his fault but he is leading us through it hopefully to a soft landing. The way Ronald Reagan did, though even softer 

Trumps isolationist leaning really made the dictators think the west was divided. But Biden’s leadership showed that was not the case. 

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, the inflation has been bad and Biden is the leader during these tough times for that. Not in anyway his fault but he is leading us through it hopefully to a soft landing. The way Ronald Reagan did, though even softer 

Trumps isolationist leaning really made the dictators think the west was divided. But Biden’s leadership showed that was not the case. 

Well that's what you get when you depend on others to take care of you like china & Saudi arabia I would rather the US take care of US first & screw the rest of them that way there wouldn't be any supply chain issues & fuel shortages causing higher prices but that's just me .

Plus inflation wouldn't be as high if the gov't would learn how not to spend over their budget but that's a foreign language to any of them & Joe is spending his fair share to help the inflation thing .

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

He’s most definitely responsible for inflation being as bad as it is. 

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He killed all the chickens? He drained the Mississippi River causing shipping bottle necks? Covid in China? 

Ya whatever 

21 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm still trying to figure out how Biden single handedly caused global inflation at rates which dwarf what we are seeing domestically.  

Single-handedly?  Global?  No, never said that.  But the ARP, trying to kill fossil fuels and supply chain mismanagement have definitively made it worse here in the US. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Single-handedly?  Global?  No, never said that.  But the ARP, trying to kill fossil fuels and supply chain mismanagement have definitively made it worse here in the US. 

Meanwhile Chevron and the super majors are enjoying another record year of profits.  Bonus checks get cut early March.  I know I am looking forward to it.

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Meanwhile Chevron and the super majors are enjoying another record year of profits.  Bonus checks get cut early March.  I know I am looking forward to it.

I don’t disagree with you there.  But trying to kill oil when you don’t have the alternative even close to being ready and cheap isn’t smart. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don’t disagree with you there.  But trying to kill oil when you don’t have the alternative even close to being ready and cheap isn’t smart. 

There's a lot of tough talk that scores cheap political points but little else.  Not renewing a few leases of little importance and killing a pipeline before it ever moved a drop of oil isn't nearly as big of a deal as people make it out to be.  The libs have been "killing" the fossil fuel industry since Obama and in that time the United States passed Saudi as the largest producer of oil and gas in the world.  

If that is what trying looks like, there is no reason for concern.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

There's a lot of tough talk that scores cheap political points but little else.  Not renewing a few leases of little importance and killing a pipeline before it ever moved a drop of oil isn't nearly as big of a deal as people make it out to be.  The libs have been "killing" the fossil fuel industry since Obama and in that time the United States passed Saudi as the largest producer of oil and gas in the world.  

If that is what trying looks like, there is no reason for concern.

It still raises the price of gasoline for transport and production of goods which contributes to inflation.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

It still raises the price of gasoline for transport and production of goods which contributes to inflation.

Raises? More like "doesn't lower the price of gasoline some amount".   I find it hard to believe that a pipeline that never operated was so meaningful to global commodity markets such that the market has been pricing in significant discounts over the past few years based on future completion of the XL pipeline.  Producing in the Canadian tar sands is already a highly inefficient and expensive process.

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Raises? More like "doesn't lower the price of gasoline some amount".   I find it hard to believe that a pipeline that never operated was so meaningful to global commodity markets such that the market has been pricing in significant discounts over the past few years based on future completion of the XL pipeline.  Producing in the Canadian tar sands is already a highly inefficient and expensive process.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidblackmon/2022/06/05/consumers-pay-the-price-as-bidens-war-on-oil-and-gas-expands/?sh=249d76ba2988

Is Forbes too right-wing?