Jalen Hurts This Jalen Hurts That - 3 Rush TDs

Jerome007

On 2/15/2023 at 2:53 PM, JayBaller10 said:

Hurts was decisive and dropping dimes for most of the game. His OL didn’t even need to hold up for very long, he knew where to go with the ball. Credit to him, he’s on his way. 

His O line gave him all the time in the world on 90% of his pass attempts.  And the line opened up some big holes on his runs.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Look there is zero cause to knock Hurts for the Super Bowl, he was terrific full stop

That simple. He is like the inverse Allen. Anointed out of high school. Became the man right away, then got benched and has been doubted every year since. Yet, he keeps getting better. 

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

His O line gave him all the time in the world on 90% of his pass attempts.  And the line opened up some big holes on his runs.

Haha, hurts gets no credit. Why did they lose 2 games without him, with a guy some fans said was better than him playing qb? 🤔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/15/2023 at 1:41 PM, Airseven said:

What “Josh” could do with this or that has become a rather pitiful rally cry.

The recognition that alone among the elite NFL teams the Bills focus their resources on the defense at the expense of the offense is far from being a "pitiful rally cry".  In fact it's an astute observation of what is holding Allen and by extension the Bills back.  The failure of Buffalo to get the O line right amounts to a football 101 felony.  And the Bills continued efforts to find play makers not named Diggs at bargain bin prices continues to blow up on them.

It's obvious the Bills are following the Carolina playbook of depending on their elite, franchise QB to carry the offense on his back with average to below average talent while the lions share of resources go to the defense.  This really didn't work for the Panthers beyond one season and I don't see it working in the current offensive crazed NFL.

Fans from other teams who come on 2BD and criticize us for our frustration at wasting a uniquely gifted QB talent like Allen would be screaming bloody murder if the Chiefs were doing this to Mahomes, the Bengals to Burrow or the Eagles to Hurts.  Hell Tampa Bay didn't expect Brady the GOAT to take them to a SB win without providing him with all sorts of offensive weapons.  Take a look at what Jacksonville is doing with Lawrence to see how nobody is copying the Bills playbook here. Oh wait the Chargers are sort of with Herbert and how has that worked out for them?

If it bugs you that Bills fans on a Bills message board constantly point this out then find another board to post on.  I can't even conceive of jumping on another teams message board and bitching about their obsession with their QB or other top players.

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That simple. He is like the inverse Allen. Anointed out of high school. Became the man right away, then got benched and has been doubted every year since. Yet, he keeps getting better. 

Haha, hurts gets no credit. Why did they lose 2 games without him, with a guy some fans said was better than him playing qb? 🤔

I never said Hurts didn't deserve credit.  I and others are saying that Hurts has been gifted with an elite O line, numerous elite play makers and an offensive minded head coach.  I am envious of what the Eagles are doing because it's exactly what we should ave done with Allen.

IMO Hurts is a top 7 QB and Allen is a top 3 QB. 

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re reaching hard on Wrs. Diggs is so much better than every guy in the chiefs. JuJu has been on a decline for multiple years and has no elite skills. Gabe Davis averages more yards per season than MVS and Hardman. 

the bills spent a 2nd and a 3rd on rbs. The chiefs have a 1st rounder who is a busy and couldn’t even play in the SB. They had a 7th round rookie who had similar stats to DS, who is the most productive rb in either teams room. 

these are washes at best and I’d personally take the upside of the Bills receivers over KC.  Also, the bills have invested in heavily in the oline. Obviously, they invested in the wrong players. 

but people are way overrating KC’s talent to put down mahomes. 

Their WR room isn’t better than ours, simply because of Diggs.. but it’s way deeper and more versatile.   Which is fine for them given they have the best offensive weapon in the league, Kelce. 

Would you rather have Chiefs weapons or Bills?   I’m taking whichever group has Travis Kelce. 

Then factor in their OL that is infinitely better than ours at the moment .. which allows everyone to look better. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.