Titans are switching their field from grass to turf

Just Jack

13 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah, I think the Bills stadium plans are a boondoggle in several regards.  One of them is installing natural grass.  They really need to talk to the folks in Tennessee.

The big one of course, IMO, is not having a dome.  Yeah, yeah, expense blah blah but at present, our team simply isn't built to play in snow and wind.  We have finesse players who depend upon agility and speed, not big hawg mollies who bowl you over.

What speed are talking about?  I don’t see much of it on this team. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah, I think the Bills stadium plans are a boondoggle in several regards.  One of them is installing natural grass.  They really need to talk to the folks in Tennessee.

The big one of course, IMO, is not having a dome.  Yeah, yeah, expense blah blah but at present, our team simply isn't built to play in snow and wind.  We have finesse players who depend upon agility and speed, not big hawg mollies who bowl you over.

to be fair, building your stadium based on 2022 roster composition is silly too, with probably 70% roster turnover between now and the first game yet alone the next several decades 

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

to be fair, building your stadium based on 2022 roster composition is silly too, with probably 70% roster turnover between now and the first game yet alone the next several decades 

That's a fair point

Counterpoint: NFL rule changes have favored the passing game (thus more of a finesse game for the supporting cast) for more than a decade now

Do you see that changing?

2 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I've seen numerous comments saying that the design of the new stadium will greatly minimize wind and weather, so maybe it won't be imossible to maintain?

Seems like wishful thinking though.

I'd have to consult the Plant Science types in the family, but my understanding is that grass becomes dormant as the days become shorter. 

So it's not just keeping the ground warm, it would be necessary to provide artificial light. 

IDK, maybe they're "on it".

Will the Bills new stadium have this new, "cutting edge" turf I wonder?

Heard they are trying to go with natural grass, which is a mistake, IMO.  Games like the one against Cincy, where it's just above freezing and there was wet snow/slushy conditions on the field, will turn it into a muddy mess, not to mention the obvious in rain.

I

Edited by Billz4ever

16 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Bad Buffalo weather is now officially a disadvantage for our roster. I screamed for a dome but the adorable old timers just had to have their outdoor experience. When the wind is 40 or we're slipping around in 2 inches of snow, let me know how that works out mensas.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Bad Buffalo weather is now officially a disadvantage for our roster. I screamed for a dome but the adorable old timers just had to have their outdoor experience. When the wind is 40 or we're slipping around in 2 inches of snow, let me know how that works out mensas.

Bills nostalgia causes many people to not stay focused on the present and the team we actually have.

This all stems from the 90s Bills with Kelly and Co., back when we actually had an O-line and a running game that other teams feared.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.